Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Saints

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Nadolo celebrating that scrum penalty!

:smt005
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Well managed yellow cards period well, Steward kicks a huge penalty too.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 pm Once again we have shot ourselves in the foot.

I blame you Tiglon. Since you remarked about putting 70 on them we have imploded. Kiss of death! :smt003 :smt003
19 -10 at half time. Tiglon you are forgiven.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I'll take that half time score, especially considering the fact nearly a quarter of it was only 13 men.

Key is now to complete an 80 minute performance
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tigers need to be smarter, soft penalty compound by further penalties. Inevitable yellow cards.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Last week I said I was really excited by Nadolo's signing but really disappointed by his chase of our kicks - HOW WAS I SO WRONG????? - really impressed by the whole team - keep it up now in the 2nd half
Hehehehehehehehe
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:57 pm I'll take that half time score, especially considering the fact nearly a quarter of it was only 13 men.

Key is now to complete an 80 minute performance
Great effort by our makeshift scrum and what a kick from Freddie Steward!!

Come on you Tigers!!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:56 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 pm Once again we have shot ourselves in the foot.

I blame you Tiglon. Since you remarked about putting 70 on them we have imploded. Kiss of death! :smt003 :smt003
I was blaming him too :smt005
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wasps putting 59 on Bristol
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Great first half, weathered the storm well. Very impressed by Nadolo, Steward looking impressive once again and well worth the 15 Jersey. Let’s get Taufua on for Wells
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:54 am
dunc wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:44 am Just noticed we have Lenny Henry at half back
Guaranteed not to be a funny performance then :smt023
Has brought a smile to this face though

A rare achievement of late when it's above the Tigers Jersey...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Saints really have been awful this half, we’re down to 6 men in the pack, they could have taken us to the cleaners at the set piece but just lack any energy. Expect us to come out firing now we’re back to XV. Wonder if Porter is coming back out, he’s put in some good hits first half, loves to get stuck in.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:03 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:56 pm

I was blaming him too :smt005
I'll still take the blame if we lose.
RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm Wow. Can you imagine Chiefs getting 2 yellows and a penalty try against them in that situation? Nope.
Being real I've never seen a team punished like that really.
I'm fine with it but refs need to do it every time.

For me the wells pen try was Saints driving down towards the line not Wells bringing it down.
I think Wayne Barnes is the best referee in the world, it's incredible how accurate he is. I don't disagree at all with being that harsh in that situation, it will make people think twice before being so cynical on their own line. However, it needs to be that harsh all of the time, not just every now and then. As always, consistency is key and I don't feel that those decisions were consistent with what we have seen from referees in the past, or what we're likely to see in the future.

Tigers dealt with the 10 minutes incredibly well and there will be no referee based excuses if we don't win.

You can see why Saints are struggling at the moment.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Why are Saints trying to play from their own 22 after 42 minutes when only 9 points down? I admire the ambition, but they're bonkers.

Watching Biggar play around on the dead ball line with a smug grin, then 2 or 3 dummy drop outs before the quick one, it looks like they think they're a lot cleverer than they actually are. The result, 3 points gifted to Tigers. Thanks.
Last edited by Tiglon on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:53 pm Nadolo celebrating that scrum penalty!

:smt005
Because thats what his (and every back's) heroes do...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere