Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Saints

Post by Tiglon »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:32 am
Scuttle wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:09 pm I don't see it this way. Pitching Saints as the team we must beat is an emotional response, and emotion is what causes the problems. Saints are one team of 11 we need to beat over a season and nothing more. It's all in the mind and if we allow emotion to enter the mind we start to lose control.
Having played in local derbies I can assure you this is not correct, players(and coaches) always look at the fixture list looking for certain games, local bragging rights is something teams thrive on.
At a professional level the club shouldn't be concerned about local bragging rights, but if the occasion can be used to motivate the players then go for it.

More than anything, we need to show potential for the future and build on some of the promising things that the team have done over the last few weeks.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Always hard to judge on this forum whether pessimism and cynicism is a mass Tiger Fans trait. As such, any other overly optimistic fans out there feeling excited with 30 mins to go?

I’ll put my head meekly above the battlements and say I have a good feeling about this game (ish....)
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Great start, good intensity and very impressive at the breakdown. Nadolo...!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Murimurivalu looks a great acquisition, seems a special player who can create something, Goneva-esque.

Nadolo very dangerous, especially at ruck time with his power driving through the middle.
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Nadolo and Murimurivalu.. now there’s an exciting pair of wingers. Nadolo with some huge hits so far!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Murimurivalu will make a huge difference over the players we've had in the back 3 since the restart.

We're on course to put 70 past Saints at this rate... :smt003
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Why don’t we EVER challenge at the lineout? Cost us against Wasps and happening again!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Wow. Can you imagine Chiefs getting 2 yellows and a penalty try against them in that situation? Nope.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Vital 10 minutes
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Mayocaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Mayocaz »

Very naive again. Accept teams will score against you and don’t get pointless yellow cards that will change the game massively.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm Wow. Can you imagine Chiefs getting 2 yellows and a penalty try against them in that situation? Nope.
Being real I've never seen a team punished like that really.
I'm fine with it but refs need to do it every time.

For me the wells pen try was Saints driving down towards the line not Wells bringing it down.
Last edited by RagingBull on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm Wow. Can you imagine Chiefs getting 2 yellows and a penalty try against them in that situation? Nope.
Right call, only have ourselves to blame. Why bother letting them get all the way up to the try line then bring it down??? Stupid by Wells and could well prove very costly
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Once again we have shot ourselves in the foot.

I blame you Tiglon. Since you remarked about putting 70 on them we have imploded. Kiss of death! :smt003 :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Kitty? Kitty? Hello? Oh yes it is a knock on through gritted teeth! :smt005
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Isn't that a slap?