16.Clare
17.Leatigaga
18.Heyes
19.Henderson
20.Wells
21.Wallace
22.Youngs
23.Henry
I'd think Clare will need a break having started and played a lot of the game last weekend before playing the majority of the second half mid week. If Youngs was to go down early it would be a big ask and could also be running close to his max number of minutes.

Leatigaga looks cream crackered after 30 minutes as well. He might need some recovery time. I'm also not a big fan of putting 19 year old forwards like Henderson and Martin on the bench for a quick turnaround after playing 80 minutes. It pushed Martin too far and I'd rather not risk another injury.
phil66lloyd

Re: Team vs Saints

Post by phil66lloyd »

I am totally depressed. There is no hope. We are going backwards and have no plan. Play the "green" kids against everybody, and wait for the "Right" fixture to come along. In a land of Salary Cap, there may be the odd anomaly in terms of score. We are shipping 40-50 points against EVERYBODY.

I could get a XV from my street who would deliver a less embarrassing score.

This is the new norm

The salary cap should provide a level playing field.

WE ARE BENEATH AMATEUR
phil66lloyd

Post by phil66lloyd »

Deluded.

The Club is so denuded of any class; Saints will put 40-50 points on us (Minimum).There is no hope

We had 5 BILions in 2009, We had 4 BiLions in 2013, We had 2 in 2017 (inc. 1 who pulled out).
We will have none in 2021.

Every metric is on a downward curve.

I would say we are heading for mediocrity, but this squad dreams of reaching mediocrity. We are heading for the bin.

Lost all hope.
phil66lloyd

Post by phil66lloyd »

Everything is great, we are on an upward trajectory. I am giddy with excitement
(Nothing realistic gets passed the Mods!!)
phil66lloyd

Post by phil66lloyd »

In 35 years of supporting this Club , this is my lowest point. I can think of no positives,. This team gets hammered regularly. The natural state is to bow down and accept a thrashing. Our natural position is the Trousers Down, bend over, submission.

We asked our best players to accept a pay-cut, and they all chose to leave. Manu was desperate to score on Saturday. The most motivated that I have seen him, at Welford Road , for 10 years. Good Job. Five different coaches couldn't instil that motivation in him!

So we saved a few quid, and lost our 5 best players. Well done!

Steve Borthwick is probably a good coach, but a dream combination of Ian McGeechan, Barry John and the Lord God Almighty would struggle to get much more than mediocrity from this group.

Relegation would be a sweet release.

the absolute worst
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Realistically the game Vs Northampton this Sunday (13/9/20) has no more or less significance than any other since the restart.The only game where something is actually at stake is the following week when we play Castres.There is no necessity or obligation to play a full strength side this week - in fact guarantee to us the points from the two derby games next season and I wouldn't cry too much about losing this Sunday coming.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

"the game Vs Northampton this Sunday (13/9/20) has no more or less significance than any other since the restart."

Ah, the emotional numbness of restart rugby, where nothing means anything anymore.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:14 am "the game Vs Northampton this Sunday (13/9/20) has no more or less significance than any other since the restart."

Ah, the emotional numbness of restart rugby, where nothing means anything anymore.
If ring fencing comes, this will become the norm for the bottom end of the league.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

How can a supporter of 35 years come on this thread and claim that Greg Bateman, Noel Reid and Kyle Eastman are numbered among our best players. Manu and Telusa possibly, they were players that excited us ball in hand in their all too infrequent appearances. I suspect a troll.
We can only judge our new coach and management when we start next season with our new players available and selecting our strongest teams from the players available.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

phil66lloyd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 pm Deluded.

The Club is so denuded of any class; Saints will put 40-50 points on us (Minimum).There is no hope

We had 5 BILions in 2009, We had 4 BiLions in 2013, We had 2 in 2017 (inc. 1 who pulled out).
We will have none in 2021.
I would say there is a good chance we will have between none and 3 but yes I agree.

Genge- probably will go in my opinion
Ford-should go, but he might not.
Youngs-could well go if he performs well for England in the AI’s and 6N.

I agree there’s a chance none of them will go, but let’s not cry over something that hasn’t happened yet!
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

loretta wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 am
CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:14 am "the game Vs Northampton this Sunday (13/9/20) has no more or less significance than any other since the restart."

If ring fencing comes, this will become the norm for the bottom end of the league.
Shudder
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

phil66lloyd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:32 pm I am totally depressed. There is no hope. We are going backwards and have no plan. Play the "green" kids against everybody, and wait for the "Right" fixture to come along. In a land of Salary Cap, there may be the odd anomaly in terms of score. We are shipping 40-50 points against EVERYBODY.

I could get a XV from my street who would deliver a less embarrassing score.

This is the new norm

The salary cap should provide a level playing field.

WE ARE BENEATH AMATEUR
Nobody needs to read posts like this. Well poisoning isn’t welcome so please, if you feel the need to post then at least make it factually correct.

“We are shipping 40-50 points against EVERYBODY”

As far as I can see in the 29 games we’ve played in all competitions this season we’ve conceded more than 40 points in 4 matches. Yes, 3 of those 4 have been since the restart but come on, get realistic. 3 matches every 8-9 days is going to give massive mismatches! Our B team is routinely playing well established A teams so it’s hardly surprising we are losing by such margins!

Plus, numerous other teams have suffered a similar fate when their B teams have been fielded; Bristol, Saints, Worcester to name a few!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Beating Saints is always a highlight but let's be realistic I'm just looking for us to be competitive and with more of a game plan than has been seen recently.
I'm not cynical just experienced
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I, too believe Genge will go - has he this year lived up to his "Rhino" name - no. Has looked disillusioned at times and unless my poor eyes deceive me - he looks lighter than previous years. He would still be my 1st choice but I do want to see the old Gengie - destroying the opposite prop and making bullocking runs with 5/6 opponents hanging on. I do believe that this is a very important game and I want to see the 1st XV in SB's opinion take the field against Saints and us really take it to them. We really do need a win this weekend.
Hehehehehehehehe