phil66lloyd wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Do we really want to beat Castres?
My objectives for the last few games?
1)Rotate squad, give everybody the same sort of gametime, and establish who is going to be First Team Squad appropriate for 20/21. Purge the remainder.
2) Who is going to be the 2nd and 3rd Fly-halves?
3) Establish the tight five for 1st and 2nd 15's
4) Try not to be embarrassed so often/so much
This probably should be on another thread as it's not really relating to the Wasps game but for what it's worth..
1) It's going to be a slow burner this one. SB and the new coaching set up can't work miracles overnight. Beating Castres will go a long way in terms of boosting morale and confidence so we 100% should be targeting that game as TB said above.
As far as I can gather the coaches are rotating the squad, they have to with the sheer volume of games in fairly quick succession. I think SB will have a pretty good idea about his first XV now albeit with the likes of Mamu, Wiese, Brink, Moroni, Muri and Van Wyk all likely to feature in some capacity. I'd expect the majority of these new signings to be in the first choice match day 23 next season.
2) I think Henry and Hardwick will fight it out for the stand in fly half position, with Henry edging it for me.
3) Genge Youngs Cole Wells Green seem to get the nod for the big matches as things stand.
Gigena Mamu/Clare Leatigaga Lavanini Enever is a more than capable second string although I think think there will be a bit of movement in the fight for the starting spots with Leatigaga and Clare impressing (and Lavanini if he can stop being a penalty magnet) and Mamu to come in.
I think the back row options should provide a very welcome selection headache.. Liebenberg, Wallace, Taufua, Reffell, Brink, Wiese.. some great options there and I really look forward to seeing them play together!
Just my thoughts of course but I 100% think that we need to be targeting the Castres game.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!