Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 am
Tiglon wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 am When players are under pressure - that's when you learn the most about them.

Barbeary was brilliant against us, but did the Wasps coaches learn anything new about him?

I think we've learnt a lot about which youngsters might make it and which almost certainly won't.
Yep, in matches that mean nothing essentially, a sifting that might otherwise have taken a couple of seasons. We have confirmed Henry as a good 10 and now know we have to find another. Potter and Williams look promising, Porter- jury out. Henderson, Martin, Lewis all good, Kerr jury out etc etc.
And yes, LTTV confirmed a couple of times SB has final say on selection, out of a committee of 5 (GM, JM, AW and one other I can't remember if Devel Manager).
Porter for me is a yes, I think his defence needs work, but so does the team's defence as a whole. This weekend I think against Saints with him surrounded by experience in Scott, Nadolo & Murimurivalu his organisation in defence will hopefully be better, plus with those guys there there's opportunity to shine going forward too
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 am When players are under pressure - that's when you learn the most about them.

Barbeary was brilliant against us, but did the Wasps coaches learn anything new about him?

I think we've learnt a lot about which youngsters might make it and which almost certainly won't.
Wasps are already certain about Barbeary.
They know what they are doing.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think Porter has looked really good on the ball, in terms of defence he is raw, for me it’s technique which I believe is a workable add-on.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Finally got round to watching the game, we were pretty shambolic, the slower we play the worse we are, but our performance wasn't as bad as "Sirs", he was reffing a different game.

Some little positives in all the tripe.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 pm the slower we play the worse we are, but our performance wasn't as bad as "Sirs", he was reffing a different game.
This above all is very disappointing, Karl Dickson was one of the better refs. He has, I think, gone backwards!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:56 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 pm the slower we play the worse we are, but our performance wasn't as bad as "Sirs", he was reffing a different game.
This above all is very disappointing, Karl Dickson was one of the better refs. He has, I think, gone backwards!
I feel all refs have gone backwards and I believe it's the TMO constantly in their ears which stops them reffing the game themselves. The TMO is in charge now which is wrong IMO.