Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mayocaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Post by Mayocaz »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:31 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:08 pm Wasps going all out.

Looking at various teams I feel we have been rather unlucky in always being against a 1st choice team.
Everyone sees that if they put out their first team out against us they get a 5 point win
I agree with that but am surprised Wasps in particular, given the almost certain nature of the team we’d be fielding, haven’t tried to be cute and rest a few more players and send a semi string side that should still get the job done. All these games will catch up with the players at some stage and I’m sure they could have gambled a touch more with selection. Going forward to next season I’m hopeful we will see the benefit of our selection process during this congested programme.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Mayocaz wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:17 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:08 pm Wasps going all out.

Looking at various teams I feel we have been rather unlucky in always being against a 1st choice team.
We must now be the only team who haven’t played against a weakened opposition. Hopefully it will take its toll on some of these clubs during next season. It was blatantly obvious to anybody that the Tigers side would look something like this so why haven’t Wasps gambled in any way and rested a few key players. I’d like to see our younger players in a match where they are able to stay in the game a little more.
Wasps will just see it as 5 banked points and when clear take the big names off. Other teams the same...
As Good As It Gets
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I am actually looking forward to this. For us it’s a training run/ shot at glory, but for Wasps their whole season hangs on it. If they don’t beat us, they won’t make top four.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:23 pm Most likely a game of trying to find the small positives.
If Kelly can even do a little v Fekitoa I would be extremely impressed.
Hasn’t every game post Lockdown bar London Irish been like that?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I would expect our front row to match if not outplay Wasps
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Noggs wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:20 pm We need to be testing the young guns against good teams if we are stretch them and discover their strengths and weaknesses. View every game in terms of the bigger picture. It is a learning curve for all involved.
Agreed what great experience for the young players and thanks Wasps for giving this team a real challenge. We have nothing to lose but our team are no mugs and if they play strong and stop kicking the ball to their fast wingers & fullback who run it back & through then we may well surprise some people. :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

My prediction: competitive start ---> concede 4 or 5 tries in a 20 minute spell before half time---> go for it at the start of the second half ----> score two tries before the 70th minute to give us some hope ---> try to wasps in the last 5 to kill it off.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

POSTIGER wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 am My prediction: competitive start ---> concede 4 or 5 tries in a 20 minute spell before half time---> go for it at the start of the second half ----> score two tries before the 70th minute to give us some hope ---> try to wasps in the last 5 to kill it off.
Sounds about right, every game for the last two seasons basically. Another week another unavoidable battering, can't wait for next season.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm hoping for something from this game, I see no weakness in the this Tigers side and they could well cause an upset away from home, this has banana skin written all over it for the Pests.
COME ON YOU TIGERRrrrrrsssssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The thing with banana skins is that, outside of cartoons, almost no one ever slips on them.

It's nice to be optimistic but all I'm hoping for is a respectable scoreline, some good individual performances and a little more cohesion.

Judging by our performances so far, it's hard to see how Wasps are not going to get a TBP by half time.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Contrary to a couple of posters,I believe Wasps have gone about this game in exactly the right way. They would’ve approached this bank of 3 games with looking at beating us and Brizzle. Now they have the bonus win against Sarries all they are doing is making sure they get their guaranteed 5 points against us. Our defence against phase play for the most part has been very good ,it’s our defence against back play where we have struggled and Wasps are arguably the best GP team on their day with the ball.This could be 50 put on is if Wasps get off to a flyer. Wasps by 21-30 I’m afraid.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TRY TIGERS!!! 7 - 0 after 3 minutes. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

nice start

Coughlan a little unlucky there he was trying to roll away, thankfully kick missed
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Simmons really putting on pressure with these chases
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Who was it that was saying Kerr is playing better than Clare?