Remaining fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Remaining fixtures

Post by BigDan50 »

So we have 5 remaining fixtures in the premiership, all difficult games, how many do you think we will win?
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Remaining fixtures

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I would say 1, against Sale, and we will beat Castre in the cup.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Unfortunately for us Saints are playing well, which of course means they’ll turn up in the Derby!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:18 am Unfortunately for us Saints are playing well, which of course means they’ll turn up in the Derby!
Aren’t?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 pm So we have 5 remaining fixtures in the premiership, all difficult games, how many do you think we will win?
Probably one,but would hope for 2.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:38 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 pm So we have 5 remaining fixtures in the premiership, all difficult games, how many do you think we will win?
Probably one,but would hope for 2.
I'd hope we can beat Saints and Quins and possibly Sale, when you compare both teams' performances against Exeter. Wasps will be an interesting call. If they go strong against us and concede the weekend games either side of it, they could lose their playoff place to Bath. So, we might see 2nds v 2nds next Wednesday. Who knows how that would finish.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:18 am Unfortunately for us Saints are playing well, which of course means they’ll turn up in the Derby!
Aren’t?
Umm I meant aren’t, do I blame autocorrect or the fact it was the early morning? 😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:03 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 am
Aren’t?
Umm I meant aren’t, do I blame autocorrect or the fact it was the early morning? 😂
:smt003

You are probably right though. They’ll be awful except when they come to WR!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I’m hoping we win at least 3.. the QF, SF and Final

:smt003

Those are the important ones so here’s hoping!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

A derby game without the Welford Road ground rocking with fans, is it likely that the edge will be diminished considerably? I would hope the players will have bought into the importance of this fixture and it will be a humdinger, but who knows. Sale are a team on fire at the moment, I fear it's going to be a long old day this weekend.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Did anyone else hear on tonight's commentary that even if Tigers win the Challenge Cup it will not lead to a place in the Champions Cup next season? I wondered about this last week when they were explaining the European arrangements for next season and mentioned about another team winning the Challenge Cup meaning another team I their league dropping out but they didn't apply the same scenario to Tigers.
As Good As It Gets
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:59 pm Did anyone else hear on tonight's commentary that even if Tigers win the Challenge Cup it will not lead to a place in the Champions Cup next season? I wondered about this last week when they were explaining the European arrangements for next season and mentioned about another team winning the Challenge Cup meaning another team I their league dropping out but they didn't apply the same scenario to Tigers.
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that the winner of the Challenge Cup will be in next year's Champions Cup so I think it's top 8 or nothing.

If not then I would suggest that the scenario wasn't applied to Tigers because at this point we don't look like we could beat an egg, let alone Castre...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

I read the winner of the Challenge Cup will replace the 8th placed team from their own league if they haven’t already qualified.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dokie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 am I read the winner of the Challenge Cup will replace the 8th placed team from their own league if they haven’t already qualified.
That is what a few on here seem to have suggested which is why I was surprised. For some reason it doesnt appear to apply to the Prem
As Good As It Gets
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Honestly I see us losing all our remaining prem games if a 6pt scrap with Irish minus all their best players is the best we can manage. We might win the quarter final though, French opposition away from home after an extended break, and hopefully that'll be the confidence boost we need to slingshot into a bit of progress.