French rugby 2020/2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: French rugby 2020/2021

Post by ourla »

Is there any way to stream full match replays of the French games?

And/or a good highlights programme you can stream?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

loretta wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:08 pm
trendylfj wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:16 pm Bayonne have withdrawn from the cup and will not play any more games in the competition - so what happens to the points??? - The French also seem to want a change in the testing regs and be blaming us for their positive tests.
Confirmed in the Mercury but as of 5 pm yesterday on the EPCR website. “ it can be confirmed that no club participating in the Heineken Champions Cup or Challenge Cup has officially informed EPCR of any intention not to fulfil their remaining fixtures in the 2020/21 season”.

Not entirely sure what’s going on here. Suspect Bayonne don’t want to play, waving Covid around as an excuse and hoping not to get fined. Talks behind closed doors, methinks.
The plot thickens, now we have a ref for a, supposedly, non-existent match.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/of ... l-fixtures
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

loretta wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:57 pm
loretta wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:08 pm
trendylfj wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:16 pm Bayonne have withdrawn from the cup and will not play any more games in the competition - so what happens to the points??? - The French also seem to want a change in the testing regs and be blaming us for their positive tests.
Confirmed in the Mercury but as of 5 pm yesterday on the EPCR website. “ it can be confirmed that no club participating in the Heineken Champions Cup or Challenge Cup has officially informed EPCR of any intention not to fulfil their remaining fixtures in the 2020/21 season”.

Not entirely sure what’s going on here. Suspect Bayonne don’t want to play, waving Covid around as an excuse and hoping not to get fined. Talks behind closed doors, methinks.
The plot thickens, now we have a ref for a, supposedly, non-existent match.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/of ... l-fixtures
According to Chris Edgerton's WRW blog published today:

Bayonne said they were going to pull out of the games (but the statement didn't say they already had)

The next day EPCR said no teams had pulled out

Then French media reports seem to say after a meeting of the top guys on the French side plans were now that they will likely be played.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Started a seperate thread on this game. Seems early enough with all the shenanigans.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

loretta wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:08 pm Started a seperate thread on this game. Seems early enough with all the shenanigans.
👌 have quoted the timeline of events Edgerton published earlier today.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ourla wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:44 pm Is there any way to stream full match replays of the French games?

Don't know if replay streaming is available, but I generally watch live matches on cricfree.org/rugby

Top14 matches are shown live on the pay channel Canal+, but European games are shown on terrestrial tv, France2.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:04 pm This week's and next weekend's fixtures:

Round 7 Jan 6th Lyon v Montpellier

Round 14 Jan 8 Toulon v Bayonne ( already postponed, date to be arranged)
Jan 9 Racing v La Rochelle (should be a cracker!)
Castres v Agen (Castres to move further up the table away from the relegation zone)
Jan 10 Brive v Montpellier
Pau v Clermont
Bordeaux v Lyon
Toulouse v Stade Français (SF are in a rich vein of form and will push Toulouse all the way)

The Racing v La Rochelle match has been postponed due to 2 covid cases in the La Rochelle squad.
Semper in excretia
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:59 am
ourla wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:44 pm Is there any way to stream full match replays of the French games?

Don't know if replay streaming is available, but I generally watch live matches on cricfree.org/rugby

Top14 matches are shown live on the pay channel Canal+, but European games are shown on terrestrial tv, France2.
I stream using vipbox at the moment but the problem is watching live you have to try and guess which will be good matches. I'd rather watch after the fact when I can see it wasn't a bore or one sided. Also highlights are a good way of just catching up on the best of the action.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ourla wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:32 am

I stream using vipbox at the moment but the problem is watching live you have to try and guess which will be good matches. I'd rather watch after the fact when I can see it wasn't a bore or one sided. Also highlights are a good way of just catching up on the best of the action.
www.rugbyrama.fr shows short highlights of Top14 matches and also the Premiership.
Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:02 am
Robespierre wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:04 pm This week's and next weekend's fixtures:

Castres v Agen (Castres to move further up the table away from the relegation zone)
Pau v Clermont
Bordeaux v Lyon
Toulouse v Stade Français (SF are in a rich vein of form and will push Toulouse all the way)

The Racing v La Rochelle match has been postponed due to 2 covid cases in the La Rochelle squad.
This match is now due to take place a day later - Sunday 10th at 5 o'clock!
Semper in excretia
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
ourla wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:32 am

www.rugbyrama.fr shows short highlights of Top14 matches and also the Premership.
Cheers, will check it out
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:16 am
Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:02 am

Pau v Clermont
Bordeaux v Lyon

This match is now due to take place a day later - Sunday 10th at 5 o'clock!
Postponed yet again, and we don’t know when!
Semper in excretia
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

M. Robespierre - did you see the Nevers player get sent off for lifting the ref up in celebration? My initial reaction was that it was such a shame as the guy was clearly so happy about the try being declined, but in hindsight it isn’t acceptable to touch the ref (Neil Back!!) and if I’d have been the coach I’d be fuming at such a stupid act even though it might have been well intentioned.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

RichieB wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 pm M. Robespierre - did you see the Nevers player get sent off for lifting the ref up in celebration? My initial reaction was that it was such a shame as the guy was clearly so happy about the try being declined, but in hindsight it isn’t acceptable to touch the ref (Neil Back!!) and if I’d have been the coach I’d be fuming at such a stupid act even though it might have been well intentioned.
Hi, Richie. No, I haven’t seen it. Might find a clip somewhere. I’ll check it out.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:15 pm
RichieB wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 pm M. Robespierre - did you see the Nevers player get sent off for lifting the ref up in celebration? My initial reaction was that it was such a shame as the guy was clearly so happy about the try being declined, but in hindsight it isn’t acceptable to touch the ref (Neil Back!!) and if I’d have been the coach I’d be fuming at such a stupid act even though it might have been well intentioned.
Hi, Richie. No, I haven’t seen it. Might find a clip somewhere. I’ll check it out.
. Seen it! The Fijian winger seemed rather pleased with the victory in a close match and celebrated by hoisting the ref, who didn’t appreciate it at all!! Here’s the link:
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 13212.html
Semper in excretia