Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by DeadlyDunc »

chipnchase wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:11 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:33 pm Lavanini lost the ball in contact, which led to a Gloucester try but I’m not sure if it was a rip or a knock-on, conveniently there was never a replay to show it.

But he really stepped up yesterday and played well for most if not all of the game, was very good in close quarters defence and also his very impressive feat of carrying Thorley à la Henson-on-Tait was my favourite moment of the match, a feat made more impressive considering that Thorley is no lightweight!
You mean the moment the referee was screaming at him to put the player down at which point he thought it would be a better idea to lift him further. I’m sorry but the mans a liability.
It wasn’t even a penalty....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:31 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:33 pm Lavanini lost the ball in contact, which led to a Gloucester try but I’m not sure if it was a rip or a knock-on, conveniently there was never a replay to show it.

But he really stepped up yesterday and played well for most if not all of the game, was very good in close quarters defence and also his very impressive feat of carrying Thorley à la Henson-on-Tait was my favourite moment of the match, a feat made more impressive considering that Thorley is no lightweight!
You mean the moment the referee was screaming at him to put the player down at which point he thought it would be a better idea to lift him further. I’m sorry but the mans a liability.
Agreed. Ref was just trying to make sure he put him down safely. Lavanini put him down safely so all was fine.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

The referee said put him down carefully. Nothing wrong at all, because he did! Give him a break and don't pick your 'facts' to suit your argument.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

tigerssteve wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 pm

The referee said put him down carefully. Nothing wrong at all, because he did! Give him a break and don't pick your 'facts' to suit your argument.
If that incident makes Lavanini a liability, then there a several Tigers legends you would need to put into the same category, starting with Martin Johnson...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

parkerd1968 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:53 am I spotted Taufua fling his headguard to the floor at the end. I'd like to think a sign of his commitment and desire.
I love Taufua's almost incessant fury. Too often in recent years we've seen Tigers players look cheerful after a huge loss and it was utterly embarrassing. Taufua is exactly what we need.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Lavanini is our best lock, however yes he may have started the resumption of the season a bit slowly and on form Wells and Green have been better. Lavanini has his best game against Gloucester and will only get better the more minutes on the pitch. Class is permanent, form temporary goes the saying.

Him, Taufua and I imagine Brink will give our pack massive physicality and can’t wait to see them all on the same teamsheet.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

To be honest I was just glad that someone tackled Thorley.
That it had entertainment value was a bonus.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

You’re being pedantic, no penalty was given and no injury was caused... wasn’t just Lavanini, was it Smith or Chessum too?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:22 pm

Agreed. Ref was just trying to make sure he put him down safely. Lavanini put him down safely so all was fine.
Agreed, having recently questioned the fact that he didn't look like he wanted to be here, I was impressed with him over the weekend, I thought he had a great game and in my humble opinion he wasn't a liability for lifting Thorley, if he had dropped him on his head then I would have agreed, he took him out of the play and put him down gently on his feet, nothing wrong with that
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Everyone’s entitled to their view.

Let’s see how his time in a Tigers shirt pans out, I’m happy to eat humble pie if he becomes the world class player many of you already think he is. Win win.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

....... Caught one of the tries on social media. Our number 10 with the dancing feet? Is he the guy someone on here was proposing as a TV replacement? He looked good in that move.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 pm ....... Caught one of the tries on social media. Our number 10 with the dancing feet? Is he the guy someone on here was proposing as a TV replacement? He looked good in that move.
Zack Henry, not sure if people tagged him as a TV replacement but he's certainly a skilful player