Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SthrnTiger

Re: Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by SthrnTiger »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:39 pm Dallaglio? Monye? Healey? Kay? Goode?
I thought "Pundit" meant "Wise man"?

Just saying! 😂😂
IMHO David Flatman is the best pundit by a mile. Probably not a popular opinion but I also think Kay is ok.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

I side with Austin here, we seem to be conceding games at selection time, I think the LI game was the one for the youngsters and Glouster :smt011 - Bath the games to try to see where we really are.
I think the coaches are chickening out, a full blooded Tigers first 15 against any other team they would be probably be exposed as pretenders, that is the reality the coaches are trying to cover up and we fans just have to watch rubbish games for the foreseeable future, at least we are not having to waste time going to the ground to witness the ongoing humiliation.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Agree with a lot of the preceding posts but is this what Ringfencing will look like? Other Clubs as well as ours using end of season games as trials for developing players etc
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Sod all is happening in the prem this season. We have several new players and a new coaching set up. Why not let them get on with it and see where it takes us next season.

If we're bottom of the table half way through next season and performances haven't changed then start moaning again.
I just don't see the point in the boring doomongers at the moment!

I honestly thought that once SB took over the coaching and new players came in people would give them time. Seems some are just plain miserable and can't see past their own curmudgeonous pov!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BengalTiger wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 pm I side with Austin here, we seem to be conceding games at selection time, I think the LI game was the one for the youngsters and Glouster :smt011 - Bath the games to try to see where we really are.
I think the coaches are chickening out, a full blooded Tigers first 15 against any other team they would be probably be exposed as pretenders, that is the reality the coaches are trying to cover up and we fans just have to watch rubbish games for the foreseeable future, at least we are not having to waste time going to the ground to witness the ongoing humiliation.
Have you considered we are targeting the European game Vs Castres and are building towards that. Ergo we don't want to be throwing our first team fresh from a very short pre season into repeated back to back hard games. Instead our new coaches want to see what the younger lads are made of and aren't worried about sacrificing games in an effectively dead season for us to do so. We will have a squad with more top level experience at the end of this season so next season when we have internationals or injuries we know the young lads stepping in have already played at this level and are ready to go. Short term pain, hopefully long term gain. We've already seen Martin, Reffell, Steward all stepping up. Hopefully some more will follow.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Ads agree that this is the best way to see the Club move forwards and upwards my actual question was IF Ringfencing comes in future years will clubs in the lower part of the league use it as an extended pre season. This is why I believe ringfencing should not occur
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:08 pm speaking of pundits does anyone know why Andy Goode seems to have a personal dislike of George Ford and resentment towards Tigers
Has beef with Mike Ford from his England days and from when Bath nearly signed him (apparently)... to be fair I thought Goodey and Big Jim were fairly reasoned in their assessment of the Bath game on the Rugby Pod.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:39 pm Dallaglio? Monye? Healey? Kay? Goode?
I thought "Pundit" meant "Wise man"?

Just saying! 😂😂
I prefer the pundits to the commentators and presenters!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:10 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:08 pm speaking of pundits does anyone know why Andy Goode seems to have a personal dislike of George Ford and resentment towards Tigers
Simple
Hates Mike Ford
Is on the books for Wasps
Maybe because Ford is a better Fly Half and everyone can see it
As Good As It Gets
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

ads wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:04 pm Sod all is happening in the prem this season. We have several new players and a new coaching set up. Why not let them get on with it and see where it takes us next season.

If we're bottom of the table half way through next season and performances haven't changed then start moaning again.
I just don't see the point in the boring doomongers at the moment!

I honestly thought that once SB took over the coaching and new players came in people would give them time. Seems some are just plain miserable and can't see past their own curmudgeonous pov!
Spot on
As Good As It Gets
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Also for all the fears that ring fencing will see teams playing the kids as the have nothing to play for, how many years has the bottom team been well adrift long before the end of the season?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

It’s a good position to be in going to Kingsholm and being given no chance whatsoever. They are expected to win, should win but it’s Glaws. Get in Cipriani’s face, make him rush and suddenly the worry starts to spread. Seen it numerous times. Cips telegraphed passing behind the man is readable now and our defence and line speed has been decent. Keep it tight and watch them panic. Enough motivation for fringe and new players. Of course the home side should win....".
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Again , we are going to need to step up.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

As with Noah, the message was build the ark there's a flood coming. So he built the ark for the forthcoming storms. He didn't wait for the fist spots of rain before he put saw to wood, He gathered his beasts 2x2 BEFORE the flood.
SB and the coaches are not Noah but are getting ready for the storm of 20/21 or later. Any build problems can be sorted ahead of the flood.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

wellstiger wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:10 am As with Noah, the message was build the ark there's a flood coming. So he built the ark for the forthcoming storms. He didn't wait for the fist spots of rain before he put saw to wood, He gathered his beasts 2x2 BEFORE the flood.
SB and the coaches are not Noah but are getting ready for the storm of 20/21 or later. Any build problems can be sorted ahead of the flood.
Best analogy yet!!😂😂
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.