BT sport pass

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

BT sport pass

Post by mightymouse »

anyone else finding it impossible to use the BT match day pass that has been given free to season ticket holders

I cannot work it on any Apple devices at home or a Samsung smart TV

it was a nice thing to have but proving not only worthless to me but massively frustrating as Im about to miss the second game on the trot having expended hours of wasted time trying to resolve

any techno wizards out there with a quick fix to help out an old cross Luddite ?
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Re: BT sport pass

Post by moorsman1 »

From the FAQs section just in case you haven't tried these, hope it helps:
How do I start using the BT Sport App and online player?
We recommend that you download the BT Sport App a few days in advance of the match you watch.

First, you need to download the app by searching for 'BT Sport' in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Microsoft Store (for Windows 10 and Xbox One), PlayStation Store, NOW TV App store or the apps menu on your Samsung Smart TV.

Next, log in using the BT Sport Match Pass details that you will have been sent on the day of the match.

If you're using a Samsung Smart TV please ensure you download the BT Sport App from the Samsung Smart Hub. Your BT Sport Match Pass will not work on the BT TV App.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Thanks for that .. tried all of the above
It keeps telling me on all apple devices
“Server not supported on this device”
That includes an iMac, 2 iPads and 2 I phones .. on Samsung... it just won’t allow me to download the app.
Resorted to radio Leicester commentary as usual... the only saving grace is Bledwyn and his ramblings have been relegated to summariser so at least we have some notion of what is going on in the game!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

mightymouse wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:01 pm Thanks for that .. tried all of the above
It keeps telling me on all apple devices
“Server not supported on this device”
That includes an iMac, 2 iPads and 2 I phones .. on Samsung... it just won’t allow me to download the app.
Resorted to radio Leicester commentary as usual... the only saving grace is Bledwyn and his ramblings have been relegated to summariser so at least we have some notion of what is going on in the game!
Yes I too had trouble getting the BT Sport app on the ipad but managed it whilst the game was on with Bledwyn in the background but the radio was about two minutes ahead of the free to view BT Sport app and at halftime no interviews just pictures of the empty pitch. But it was better than Bledwyn, well most things are!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I bought a Now TV stick (circa £25) loaded the BT sport app on it from the Now TV App Store. Works for me. Need a TV with a spare HDMI port, wifi and a spare power outlet.
Surprised you couldn't get it via the browser on your iMac and the iPads.
I'm not cynical just experienced
beech2

Post by beech2 »

It appears that it can't be used on Macs but I have no problem with my iPad. Download the BT Sport App, go to the Live Channels and click on the one that has someone holding a rugby ball. For the Irish game it was BT Sport Extra 2HD. When its 2 hours before the game the Leicester game comes up. You only get a scene at the ground 15 mins before KO.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I subscribe to BT sport but the Sale match doesn’t appear to be on their schedule. Does that mean I can, or cannot, use the match pass? Anyone know?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

CJ wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:44 pm I subscribe to BT sport but the Sale match doesn’t appear to be on their schedule. Does that mean I can, or cannot, use the match pass? Anyone know?
It's likely to be on one of the red button options on 1 or 2. You don't need to be a ST holder to view any games if you subscribe to BT sport.
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

Last time it was on bt sports extra. I went to bt 2 and hit the red button.
But then got kicked off the tv and downloaded the app on the iPad and it worked a treat.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It's a pain on the Red Button as you cant record the game, Sky used to have an option when multiple games on BT don't seem to be bothered.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

beech2 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:58 pm It appears that it can't be used on Macs but I have no problem with my iPad. Download the BT Sport App, go to the Live Channels and click on the one that has someone holding a rugby ball. For the Irish game it was BT Sport Extra 2HD. When its 2 hours before the game the Leicester game comes up. You only get a scene at the ground 15 mins before KO.
There is no app for the Mac but you can watch via the browser(Safari). www.bt.com/sport may of course be OS version dependant I had no problem with the latest version.
I'm not cynical just experienced