Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Anything on not seeing Sam Lewis?

Looks likely we might be throwing the Glaws game, in which surely McPhillips cant play...

I hope we send all the big boys running at Paddy Jackson regardless of any game plan.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:21 pm
I hope we send all the big boys running at Paddy Jackson regardless of any game plan.
[/quote)

👍
Semper in excretia
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Martin and Wallace 100% deserve their spots on the bench, glad players are getting rewarded for their performances.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: London irish

Post by westwinds31 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:32 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:01 pm

The 2 games so far Lavanini hasn't looked like he wants to be here :(
I really don’t know what to make of this comment. What were you expecting from him ? From what I’ve seen, he’s made his tackles, taken restarts, carried hard and he’s been part of an improved lineout. The one thing you could say is he bought a massive dummy off Matevesi, but you’d expect there to be cover and when you’ve got a back picking off a front five forward you’d expect them to beat him. The scrum has also been ok and Lavanini is a key part of that.
Make of it what you want, it's my opinion
What were you expecting from him ?
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Very good team and Dan Cole, what an absolute star and example to all our youngsters;in to start having had to shore things up for almost a half v Bath.
Fantastic effort by Dan.
Irish mustn’t be underestimated like earlier on in the season.
Come on Tigers.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

How great to see real talent coming through the academy and into the first team. I'm excited about seeing Steward & Reffell. On the bench more academy talent that has / is coming through: Heyes, Martin, White, Olowofela. Plus the likes of
Clare, Williams, Wells, Green. Then the backbone: Ford, Youngs, Youngs & Cole.

Not every player that plays for Tigers needs to come through the academy - but we are starting to find a much better balance again. It means so much to see a boy like Martin take the field wearing Tigers colours - a bit like watching a very excited Tom Croft all those years ago. Very positive about the future.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Knightonian wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:03 pm That’s very close to the first team

Welcome Nadolo

Well done to George Martin making the bench

I’m looking forward to seeing where we are at
It is very close to it and what's even better is that we still have the likes of Murimurivalu, Mamu, Wiese, Brink, Van Wyk and Moroni still to come! Very exciting times ahead and great to see the positivity about this team selection
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Looks likely we might be throwing the Glaws game, in which surely McPhillips cant play...

I don’t think so. I think part of the reason we fielded “that” team against Bath was to give us far more flexibility to play a few of the “first choice” players back to back against Irish and Glaws on the short turnaround, which although would have been allowed by the current regs (as Bath to Glaws in an 8 day turnaround), would not perhaps be sensible.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I've just bought a new sofa.... Which is larger than the old one and easier to hide behind.

Will it be Remy... Or another bottle of bitter ale to swig on.

I just don't know....but I can hope for the VSOP.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

A statement of intention...thank you...... :smt026
If we apply the effort of the previous games with an incremental improvement then with that squad we may get a W.
I think it will take a full 80+ mins of effort. Oh if we could get a Bonus point. Sorry dreaming of wonderful thoughts.
I can't wait till kick off. :smt038
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Traveller wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:47 pm How great to see real talent coming through the academy and into the first team. I'm excited about seeing Steward & Reffell. On the bench more academy talent that has / is coming through: Heyes, Martin, White, Olowofela. Plus the likes of
Clare, Williams, Wells, Green. Then the backbone: Ford, Youngs, Youngs & Cole.

Not every player that plays for Tigers needs to come through the academy - but we are starting to find a much better balance again. It means so much to see a boy like Martin take the field wearing Tigers colours - a bit like watching a very excited Tom Croft all those years ago. Very positive about the future.
I think Williams will have his work cut out against Ollie Hassell-Collins
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

nice team, I notice a lot of those names in the Irish side started on Saturday also
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 pm nice team, I notice a lot of those names in the Irish side started on Saturday also
Yep, I make it 7 of their starting 15 also started on Sat and most of their bench either played on Sat or was on the bench. Might be a few tired players come the final 20..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:28 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 pm nice team, I notice a lot of those names in the Irish side started on Saturday also
Yep, I make it 7 of their starting 15 also started on Sat and most of their bench either played on Sat or was on the bench. Might be a few tired players come the final 20..
Henry coming on for the final 30-20 mins or so against some tired Irish bodies could be a fun thing to watch if the game opens up!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:28 pm
I hope the use of players is monitored!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.