Referees

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Referees

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:31 pm I thought lines persons had been non-paying part of the crowd for several years now.
At a match at WR a couple of seasons ago one TJ was very active, one silent. When the active one came on the Crumbie side he called 3 scrums in succession (in my earshot) where the sub LH was pulling down, knee down etc. Ref was, I think, Craig MK and he ignored all 3 calls, but the first call on us was a penalty.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I know a lot of people on here have issues with Nigel, but you normally get a good game with him in charge & he doesn't stand mucking about, his questions to the TMO are always very specific & he isn't keen on multiple replays.
Wayne has got better over time, he was awful when he first started, the quality of the other home nations refs is poor, surely this should be something the unions could address.
Beware what you wish for with TJs, Roy Maybank still runs the line, up there with Sean Davey in ability.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

The thing that really bugs me is the now constant ignoring of the crooked feed. Especially when immediately after it, the other side is pinged for another offense. The first offense being ignored. If they don't sort this problem out the scrum is a waste of time and we may as well step over it as in RL.
A life long Tiger