Teams up v Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Teams up v Bath

Post by baz1664 »

SB has an impossible task, he has inherited a mess, recruited kids with little experience, no leaders, average academy players, I get rotation but that was embarrassing, nil back play and light weight forward pack dropping off tackles!!

How and why is GM still in a job in any capacity, he sits there with a smug face in the stand, needs to clear off, offers nothing at all to this club, he has just been a disaster!!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's not the fact that SB needs seasons to sort things out! Hes made a glaring error already! If you have 3 games in a short space of time you dont go A team,Z team,A team,you mix it up. That's standard stuff,poor selection! Very poor!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Crofty wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:18 pm Well, we knew it wasn't going to be pretty when we saw the team sheets. I fear we're going to have to give Borthwick seasons, quite possibly some of them in the Championship, to sort this mess out, rather than weeks. :smt009
There's more reasons to be hopeful than that, some incredible talent arriving and these young lads won't look so scared to do anything with a bit of experience outside them.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Crofty wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:18 pm Well, we knew it wasn't going to be pretty when we saw the team sheets. I fear we're going to have to give Borthwick seasons, quite possibly some of them in the Championship, to sort this mess out, rather than weeks. :smt009
Erm did anyone in their right mind think it would be weeks?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I love how apocalyptically negative many on here get when we're not winning a game. However, it is worrying that the Bath pack is so dominant. Our front 5 should, on paper, be competitive.

I don't think Heyes and Kerr are as good as we often make them out to be (recent talk of Heyes being a certain future international is VERY premature), but Enever and Lavanini are internationals yet anonymous today. Leatigaga and Smith are working hard, but Martin doesn't look ready for this level and Wallace hasn't made any impact.

Worth is not the answer in any position, sadly.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Let's just pray to God ringfencing kicks in ASAP!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

OMG. This shambles is even worse than before !

My prediction of 13-45 is looking optimistic.

There is not one Premiership standard player in the backs, and only half the forwards. Tom and Murphy should hang their heads in shame at this total Club disintegration.

And before I get slated by the Happies, how is it that all the other teams bar Worcester and Irish have back up backs that can cut the mustard??!!

Going for 13-55 now..

Murphy, please just :censored: RESIGN
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

As predicted, we’re being out muscled and beaten up in all areas. Hard to see how you can look at combinations when we have no real ball etc Any positives ? Lineout maybe on our ball. Harry P looks like he injured a shoulder in the last few minutes there.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Martin for 19 years old (Only a month since he was 18) looks good already, lot's too work on still though.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Work ons for the second half.

1. Start dominating the collisions so that we can get some momentum in defence.

2. Get rid of McPhillips, he's been woeful. Off the tee he's been good but in every other facet he's slow in thought and in deed. His crossfield kicks have been dreadful.

Positives. Heyes and Kerr have played well, Kerr very well. Wallace looks a shrewd squad signing. Porter and Potter look like they will become very hand acquisitions once they've developed a bit more.

Bath are just a class above unfortunately. If the ref can stop their very slow roll away from the tackle we might get some more quick ball.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Im finding it difficult to take any positives from this game. It's so one sided Im not sure anyone is learning anything other than there is no such thing as a miracle.
I'm not cynical just experienced
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:12 pm
ABClub wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:09 pm Bath are playing well but the difference in experience and quality is vast.

This and Wednesday's games are looking like futile exercises for Tigers. Today we will learn that our 2nd team is worse than Bath's 1st team. On Wednesday we'll (hopefully..) learn that our 1st team is better than LI's 2nd team.
I think LI will be putting out a stronger team on Wednesday, I heard they rested a lot today.

I think we're learning plenty, but that might all be for nought if we do get thrashed.
I'd say the only things we've learnt are that Henry is a good signing, Simmons is a back three options and Thom Smith is a bright talent. Which arguably we already knew!

1.Genge 2.Youngs 3.Cole 4.Wells 5.Green 6.Liebenberg 7.Reffell 8.Taufua
9.Youngs 10.Ford 11.Nadolo 12.Scott 13.Taute 14.Olowofela 15.Steward

We are probably looking at something like that on Wednesday so I'd definitely hope for a win against LI.

I'd so much rather see a mix of youth and experience in both games so that both have some purpose. Lavanini aside it's 1st XV and 2nd XV selection. I'm usually an optimistic fan but I just find the selection today incredibly negative. I really feel for some of the younger debutantes who are having this as their introduction to Tigers rugby. Good set-ups these days rotate their squads well every week. This is a long way from that.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

If only games were 10 minutes long, we’d be top of the league
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:19 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:18 pm Apparently the officiating team don’t know what a forward pass looks like...
New Zealand flat I think is the term, nothing new...
Yes indeed
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

A knock on aside, very impressed with Martin.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni