Tigers and new partner "yodel"

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

glenn

Tigers and new partner "yodel"

Post by glenn »

I have to say that any company using yodel, has got to be desperate or very stupid. Personally, if I see a company who I want something from used yodel, I go elsewhere. Not once have they delivered what I ordered to my house, on time and in one piece. So, its a no from me to getting anything from the shop sent to my house.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers and new partner "yodel"

Post by Longshanks »

glenn wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am I have to say that any company using yodel, has got to be desperate or very stupid. Personally, if I see a company who I want something from used yodel, I go elsewhere. Not once have they delivered what I ordered to my house, on time and in one piece. So, its a no from me to getting anything from the shop sent to my house.
I got to a similar position with Yodel until a new driver took over our area; since then the service has been excellent apart from his days off when it immediate reverts to abysmal. Unfortunately there appears to be a consistency issue with too much reliance on individual operatives and too little corporate support.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

glenn wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am I have to say that any company using yodel, has got to be desperate or very stupid. Personally, if I see a company who I want something from used yodel, I go elsewhere. Not once have they delivered what I ordered to my house, on time and in one piece. So, its a no from me to getting anything from the shop sent to my house.
I have the same trouble, exactly. On one occasion a new rug was placed behind the dustbins of a house halfway up the road. They don't even ring the bell, despite my numerous complaints, and are persistantly late delivering. A real "Cowboy" company.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Unfortunately this can be a lottery of the area. Most area's have one main driver. In our area Yodel and DPD are the best round me but DHL (Drop it Hide it Lose it) is another matter. Whereas my parents have a great DHL guy but dislike Hermes.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Better than Parcelfarce. They delivered a parcel to us which was meant for someone in a village an hours drive from us (we have similar sounding street names but completely diff postcodes), we managed to track down the person whose parcel it actually is and they have informed us the message they got from Parcelfarce was it had been signed for (which it hadn't, they left it on our doorstep and didnt even wait for us to answer the door, so they have faked the signature. We have rang parcelfarce several times to explain this and all we get is that someone will call us back to arrange pick-up. That's over a week ago and no one has called us yet.

If Yodel are anything like this, I wouldnt touch them with a bargepole :smt064
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

I may be an exception , but thus far have had no issues with them.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I assume that the commercial performance of any potential sponsor is not going to be a deal breaker for the club unless they think the sponsor will not stay the sponsorship contract period?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Not bothered about Yodel. Just hoping that, now Rugby has returned, Tigers can "deliver".
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Clearly, whoever Tigers sign a sponsor or partnership deal with someone will complain, whoever we sign there will be negative comments as there will be for any team selection and if we release or allow to leave a player then he will become world class in the mind of some who previously didn't rate him.
If you order new kit and it doesn't arrive complain but to moan before delivery before it has actually failed seems a bit strong. All the large scale mailing services have a mixture of great people and some less so, Tigers will be working with the company that offers the best deal, if the service is thought to be damaging the Tiger's brand image I would expect change I believe we will have learned from our previous long term contract failures and current management will not have made the same mistakes as their predecessors. At least buy something and see if the system works before moaning.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

The problem with couriers now is generally the public expect a hand delivered package from pickup to delivery, when offered options to ensure they get the goods at the right time in the right way the customer doesn't do that.

We've become a society that expects a courier to repeatedly come to a customers door. They're all moving to one attempt and done because they can't sustain the current model for £1.25 a kilo delivered within 12 hours...

I'm happy with anyone supporting the club who are in acceptable industries and business. Fair play to the club for making that happen in these hard times.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

,,difficult to turn away sponsorship...especially now.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

They deliver Aldi's excellent wine offering and I've never had a problem. A true life line in the lock down :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!