Other games this weekend Round 14

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Other games this weekend Round 14

Post by Robespierre »

Jonny May is in Gloucester’s starting XV after an HIA in the last game. Surely not!! Glaws are not short of wingers so May shouldn’t even have been considered.
Semper in excretia
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:04 pm Jonny May is in Gloucester’s starting XV after an HIA in the last game. Surely not!! Glaws are not short of wingers so May shouldn’t even have been considered.
Having seen that collision and really hoped Jonny May would not suffer concussion, I too was very surprised to see his name on the starting XV as I have always felt that Tigers have a long history of caring for their players and believe that if that had happened when he was at Tigers we would have tested and rested him. That knock could easily have been another David Denton! I really hope that he was not a hidden concussion. But for the Worcester tackler to only get a three week ban is ridiculous and from memory Tigers have had very long bans for similar hands free tackles. :smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sale getting a schellacking
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Exeter are a top side but the ref only reffing one side, Exeter getting all the decisions, don’t usually criticise refs but all the close decisions going to Exeter
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes Rugby is a bit like football in the sense that the big teams get the decisions. We used to benefit in the past,not as much but it seems to me now that Sarries and even more so Chiefs seem to get away with murder. Or am I reading too much into it and its just poor reffing?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Maybe puts into perspective our game v Exeter?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:37 pm Yes Rugby is a bit like football in the sense that the big teams get the decisions. We used to benefit in the past,not as much but it seems to me now that Sarries and even more so Chiefs seem to get away with murder. Or am I reading too much into it and its just poor reffing?
Same ref, same complaint as last week?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Why oh why was that not a yellow card for a deliberate knock on😟
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:41 pm Maybe puts into perspective our game v Exeter?
Emphasises Chiefs ability to wear down most opponents and force them into conceding penalties and territory which inevitably becomes points
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Chiefs are the best in the league at the moment, but we already knew that.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bristol weren’t on all cylinders but certainly gave Gloucester a reality check with a 22-33 victory at Kingsholm. Semi Radrada turned up, Hughes was excellent as was Chris Vui in the air, some sublime takes in the lineout.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:44 am Bristol weren’t on all cylinders but certainly gave Gloucester a reality check with a 22-33 victory at Kingsholm. Semi Radrada turned up, Hughes was excellent as was Chris Vui in the air, some sublime takes in the lineout.
Bristol looked good in attack but for me they seem to have a bit of a soft underbelly and concede too easily. Until they sought that out they will find it hard to win any big titles. I may have to eat my words but its hard to see them beating say an Exeter or Leinster in a final anytime soon.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

SthrnTiger wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:17 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:44 am Bristol weren’t on all cylinders but certainly gave Gloucester a reality check with a 22-33 victory at Kingsholm. Semi Radrada turned up, Hughes was excellent as was Chris Vui in the air, some sublime takes in the lineout.
Bristol looked good in attack but for me they seem to have a bit of a soft underbelly and concede too easily. Until they sought that out they will find it hard to win any big titles. I may have to eat my words but its hard to see them beating say an Exeter or Leinster in a final anytime soon.
I agree with you, but it would be huge progress for them just to reach a final and there are few teams out there who are likely to beat Leinster or Exeter at the business end of the season. Losing a Premiership or Champions Cup final would be a big achievement for Bristol.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

So Wuss went home from Wasps last night with nothing giving Tigers the chance to move above them in the table. A nice thought but unlikely looking at the teams. Although the Bath squad oozes class and experience, that of the Tigers has an encouraging blend of youth and experience and I’d be over the moon if they defied the odds!
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:17 am
Defence was a bit poor, they’re no means the finished article yet but maybe it’s starting to look like a Brizzle/Exeter final now rather than a Exeter/Sale final. For how good Radrada he wasn’t the best on the other end of the ball and let Gloucester in for an easy try.

For me the Bears are a quality loosehead away from really being title contenders...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni