Other games this weekend Round 14

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Other games this weekend Round 14

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Worcester had a red card? anyone see what for?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Nanai attempted tackle on May.....but shoulder on head. Straight red. Easy decision.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:11 pm Nanai attempted tackle on May.....but shoulder on head. Straight red. Easy decision.
take it May failed the HIA after
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

One of the interesting aspects of Sale and Bristol recruitment is the seeming neglect of the no 10 position. Seems like they have decided a top 10 is too expensive and not value for money - Sale will be regretting that this weekend, Rob Du Preez was pretty awful.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:52 pm Rob Du Preez was pretty awful.
and that was just his Tash let along his performance
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Is May ok?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I quite rate Calum Sheedy, he was performing better than Madigan was...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Kieran Brookes' shoulder injury is not as severe as first feared.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... s-18788972
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

How good were Wasps though. You’d have thought they’d dip after Young leaving but it’s almost the opposite. Some grit in the forwards, a back row to die for - Willis will surely appear in the England squad - and a rapid set of inventive backs, led by a Gopperth at 12. They can score from anywhere. Dark horses for the trophy ?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:40 pm How good were Wasps though. You’d have thought they’d dip after Young leaving but it’s almost the opposite. Some grit in the forwards, a back row to die for - Willis will surely appear in the England squad - and a rapid set of inventive backs, led by a Gopperth at 12. They can score from anywhere. Dark horses for the trophy ?
How old is Gopperth. I was sure he had retired a couple of years back.Outstanding.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

36?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

He's 37 !! Incredible when you think he's probably as good now as he's ever been. I'm not a massive fan of Wasps as a club, but you have to admire they're style of play. Solid front 5, back row that can scavenge as well as run, a 9/10 combination of experience/youth, with Umaga keeping Sopoanga out of the starting 15, Gopperth and Fekitoa in the midfield and in Bassett and Kibirige, they've got 2 quick wingers. Lee Blackett has got them firing.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:50 am He's 37 !! Incredible when you think he's probably as good now as he's ever been. I'm not a massive fan of Wasps as a club, but you have to admire they're style of play. Solid front 5, back row that can scavenge as well as run, a 9/10 combination of experience/youth, with Umaga keeping Sopoanga out of the starting 15, Gopperth and Fekitoa in the midfield and in Bassett and Kibirige, they've got 2 quick wingers. Lee Blackett has got them firing.
Interesting thing for me about Wasps is that over the years, no matter where home has been for them, no matter who the players have been, no matter the coach they've managed to keep an identity in terms of 'how Wasps play'. If you ask other spectators to describe the Wasps style of play it would be as described above. It has been exactly the opposite with Tigers over the same period. However there was rather more clarity at Exeter on Saturday.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Let's hope we can get up to that level as soon as possible.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

For a club that has financially been very weak and was even a relegation contender at one point this season, they just always seem able to kick back up again, rather annoyingly.

They’re playing good rugby though, the question for me is, will this continue when Gopperth does finally have to call it a day? I do feel as though a lot of this could be attributed to him having an injury free run this season compared to last.