Kyle Eastmond

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Kyle Eastmond

Post by tigerburnie »

Having been made redundant(yes I know these guys weren't) I know how it is to be out of work and how finding a new job can be difficult when you lack time/notice to get organised. You are going into a shrinking market and you may have to adjust your expectations in order to re-join the work environment. Kyle and others made a choice, for some it may be a good choice, for others it may backfire, taking what is available until something better turns up is not always a backward step in this type of situation. Manu seems to have taken a short term contract at Sale, probably with a view to working abroad after the next World Cup when his value may have gone up, could work for him. Kyle and the others were all very different, Telusa towards the end of his career maybe, getting a final pay boost in France seems a sensible option. Wales might suit Batemans career prospects if he does have the chance of an international invitation, something to motivate him. Kyle does seem to be the most vulnerable one of the group to me, his career may have been better served if he went abroad for the type of salary he thinks he can get.
Regarding the legal course of action, I doubt there will be any winners there except the legal vultures who will get fat on it, there's rarely a winner in any "divorce" , amicable or not.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ayers.html

Sounds like players suing us for 750K between them.
Not a great look but in terms of money I guess a saving.

It's funny how anything involving Manu get's leaked isn't it.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:28 pm It's funny how anything involving Manu get's leaked isn't it.
Is curious :smt017
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:39 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:28 pm It's funny how anything involving Manu get's leaked isn't it.
Is curious :smt017
Truly one of the mysteries for the ages... :smt102
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:28 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ayers.html

Sounds like players suing us for 750K between them.
Not a great look but in terms of money I guess a saving.

It's funny how anything involving Manu get's leaked isn't it.
Not quite. Sounds more like they've entered into early conciliation via ACAS and are threatening to go to an employment tribunal if Tigers don't agree to their demands.

But who knows, since it's all second hand information the truth could be anything.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

"The players weren’t in agreement with the pay cut but that wasn’t a sackable offence"

Umm, so what was the club supposed to do then?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 pm "The players weren’t in agreement with the pay cut but that wasn’t a sackable offence"

Well, legally, the club was supposed to honour their side of the contracts and pay the players their full salaries.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

I think somebody already mentioned it on here, they’ll struggle in any court at the moment as this is an unforeseen circumstance and as a PLC a required step to stay operational. With a number of redundancies made and the rest of the workforce agreeing to take a pay cut, these guys are going to struggle to convince any tribunal they have been hard done to. Especially at the club offered to pay some of that money at a later date.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It may be unforseen circumstances but the club have continued to sign players which will make for an interesting legal arguament.

The costs could well exceed the sums owed so may well not get as far as a tribunal before a settlement is reached.

Theoretically an industrial tribunal could even re-instate the dismissed party so not sure how that would work if players have signed elsewhere! Could they then be punished for holding two contracts?? :smt002
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:26 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 pm "The players weren’t in agreement with the pay cut but that wasn’t a sackable offence"

Well, legally, the club was supposed to honour their side of the contracts and pay the players their full salaries.
If there wasn’t the money to pay them, what else could they do if the players didn’t except the paycuts.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I guess the argument is that they've signed players like Nadolo and other internationals, a top head coach and the world Cup winners top fitness guy. So clearly money was there to be spent, the club just wanted it spent in different places...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:22 am
Tiglon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:26 pm

If there wasn’t the money to pay them, what else could they do if the players didn’t except the paycuts.
If the club is literally unable to meet it's financial obligations I believe that makes it insolvent, which is a slightly bigger problem. Either way, that isn't an acceptable legal excuse for dismissing employees and not paying them. If that's the best argument the club has, the court would instruct them to pay and they would end up in receivership if they couldn't.

I'm sure the club's lawyers have a slightly better argument than that lined up and, if not, I expect they will reach a settlement with the players.