TV Coverage

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: TV Coverage

Post by Mark62 »

ourla wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 pm What's the cheapest way these days (apart from dodgy streams) of getting BT Sport?
If you already have Sky you can add it, or change you’re tv provider to BT .
They are saying that hopefully season ticket holders will get free access to the BT app, and channel 5 as well as highlights will he showing 5 games live.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 pm
ourla wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 pm What's the cheapest way these days (apart from dodgy streams) of getting BT Sport?
They are saying that hopefully season ticket holders will get free access to the BT app, and channel 5 as well as highlights will he showing 5 games live.
I don't have Sky and not a STH.

Was wondering about NowTV or some legit online stream. I only really want to watch the rugby.

Do they still have full match replays on the Prem site? I'm away for the first couple I think so would have to watch a recording anyway.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ourla wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm
Mark62 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 pm
I don't have Sky and not a STH.

Was wondering about NowTV or some legit online stream. I only really want to watch the rugby.

Do they still have full match replays on the Prem site? I'm away for the first couple I think so would have to watch a recording anyway.
Now is Sky, you won’t get BT. Virgin who you can get BT through May do something similar
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

You can buy a monthly pass to the BT sport app for £25. If you time it right can get 7 tigers games for £25.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

SthrnTiger wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:30 pm
You can buy a monthly pass to the BT sport app for £25. If you time it right can get 7 tigers games for £25.
Cheers. Will have to look into that.

Daft question maybe - can you record games or play them later using that?
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

ourla wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:58 pm
SthrnTiger wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Cheers. Will have to look into that.

Daft question maybe - can you record games or play them later using that?
Yep BT often put the full games up and can watch them later. In the past it’s been a nightmare to navigate to find them and the scores are annoyingly displayed quite prominently* but I’m hoping they will have improved that.

* I’ve got round this by asking the wife to load up the game (I much prefer not knowing final outcome before watching)...led to some heated discussions
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

As with the recent compressed televised culmination to the football season I really believe that this would be an ideal opportunity to bring more Premiership matches to terrestrial TV.
A good product shown live could be potentially beneficial to the sport as a whole and come next season actually bring fans to live games when the opportunity arises.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:37 pm As with the recent compressed televised culmination to the football season I really believe that this would be an ideal opportunity to bring more Premiership matches to terrestrial TV.
A good product shown live could be potentially beneficial to the sport as a whole and come next season actually bring fans to live games when the opportunity arises.
Playing devils advocate, just what do you think the viewing figures would be compared to football, because at the end of the day that is the success criteria that tv companies are based on.
Like it or not our sport is a minority one compared to football
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 pm
kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:37 pm As with the recent compressed televised culmination to the football season I really believe that this would be an ideal opportunity to bring more Premiership matches to terrestrial TV.
Playing devils advocate, just what do you think the viewing figures would be compared to football, because at the end of the day that is the success criteria that tv companies are based on.
I would have thought sports broadcasters would care about subscriptions and advertising revenue as much or more than viewing figures. I would guess you sell more land rovers to rugby fans than foot ball fans but I may be wrong. Cue humorous responses about what a football fan would be more likely to buy....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

teds wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:08 pm
I would have thought sports broadcasters would care about subscriptions and advertising revenue as much or more than viewing figures. I would guess you sell more land rovers to rugby fans than foot ball fans but I may be wrong. Cue humorous responses about what a football fan would be more likely to buy....
No you have a point Teds, but I think one is tied in with the other, I.e you’re more likely to spend advertising space for a programme that will attract 5 million viewers, than 1 million viewers.

I don’t know what football fans drive, but football wives drive the Range Rover VELOUR (best said like Clarkson or Leslie Phillips)
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

BT Sport are to use simulated crowd noise during the re start TV coverage - but notably Exeter's 'Tomahawk' chant gets the chop :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/exeter-c ... y-restart/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

teds wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Unfortunately true ; we are and remain a minority or niche sport .My supposition is that one of the only ways to attract more fans would be for more ' casual ' viewers to actually see and take to the sport. Personally still hope Channel 5 make some sort of effort.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Surprised no coverage is being given to Channel 5, I must admit.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:14 pm Surprised no coverage is being given to Channel 5, I must admit.
I thought it had been announced that they would be doing their normal highlights package and would be showing 5 live games
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Well I have paid for BT Sport after over 2 years without, the every game (but will only be watching ours) being the clincher, all they need to do now is have a mute Dayglo option..
I look forward to constant apologies for language...having heard Eric Miller swearing loudly at an Extras game at WR it could be very amusing.
To win is not as important as playing with style!