Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Ringfencing almost upon us ?

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:25 pm 2 points

1. Now this decision has been made during the season, you may find Gloucester and Worcester throwing the youngsters in as they now have nothing to play for. This means other teams will probably get a better result than when they played full strength teams. If ring fencing has been brought in for fairness, how this fair?

2. Gloucester, Worcester and Bath may as well loan their best players to Ealing 😂
Perhaps it will mean we can spend the rest of this season developing our squad, tactics & attacking structure, while bringing on a few of our own youngsters such as Martin, Henderson, Chessum & JvP without the pressure of relegation. We have made a much better start to this season, the signs are promising and it's the West Country boys that are propping up the table at the bottom not us. I think both Bath and Glos seem to be going in the opposite direction to us and without wholesale changes they are in real trouble.

Nobody wants to finish bottom of the pile and perhaps giving their youngsters some game time will bring better results than fielding some of the slightly 'past their best Internationals' that just aren't cutting it anymore. Bath and Glos have been, as far as I'm aware, fielding almost full strength teams so far and have been getting thumped. Can't get much worse with the youngsters can it? :smt017

Ultimately I think it's the right call imho. Pressure is off now so please can we see some more ball in hand attacking play, better attacking structure, less aimless kicking and work on regularly pushing for a top 4 spot again soon.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I think we should carry on with the build and gain momentum. Treat this season as any other competitive season.
If not we are back to square one and starting from scratch. We have players out on loan to get experience and game time.
Please lets not see this as a gimme season. Don't really care what other teams are doing providing our two year plan is on course. Or what's the point.
I still think we need a World class attack coach ASAP then as others have said ,work this into our game. :smt024
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:22 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:25 pm 2 points

1. Now this decision has been made during the season, you may find Gloucester and Worcester throwing the youngsters in as they now have nothing to play for. This means other teams will probably get a better result than when they played full strength teams. If ring fencing has been brought in for fairness, how this fair?

2. Gloucester, Worcester and Bath may as well loan their best players to Ealing 😂
Perhaps it will mean we can spend the rest of this season developing our squad, tactics & attacking structure, while bringing on a few of our own youngsters such as Martin, Henderson, Chessum & JvP without the pressure of relegation. We have made a much better start to this season, the signs are promising and it's the West Country boys that are propping up the table at the bottom not us. I think both Bath and Glos seem to be going in the opposite direction to us and without wholesale changes they are in real trouble.

Nobody wants to finish bottom of the pile and perhaps giving their youngsters some game time will bring better results than fielding some of the slightly 'past their best Internationals' that just aren't cutting it anymore. Bath and Glos have been, as far as I'm aware, fielding almost full strength teams so far and have been getting thumped. Can't get much worse with the youngsters can it? :smt017

Ultimately I think it's the right call imho. Pressure is off now so please can we see some more ball in hand attacking play, better attacking structure, less aimless kicking and work on regularly pushing for a top 4 spot again soon.
It’s not all about us though is it? There’s 11 other teams in the league.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pr ... -21-season

A unanimous decision!
Exeter, Worcester and to an extent, Bristol. What. On. Earth! Remember where you came from! Awful.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Unanimous? According to other sources it was a just a strong majority. So that could be anything from 9/4 to 12/1 and possibly even 8/5.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:15 pm Unanimous? According to other sources it was a just a strong majority. So that could be anything from 9/4 to 12/1 and possibly even 8/5.
That’s what I thought but according to Tigers, it was unanimous!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

From the BBC

"After a vote passed on Friday with a "strong majority", the league will expand to 13 teams next term, with one side promoted from the Championship."
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just this from the premiership website

"The RFU Council today cast a strong majority vote in favour of no relegation from the Gallagher Premiership or the Greene King IPA Championship for the 2020/21 season."
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Unanimous is a pretty strong majority...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I thought unanimous means everyone agrees?
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:23 pm Unanimous is a pretty strong majority...
What does it mean to be unanimous?
1 : formed with or indicating unanimity : having the agreement and consent of all. 2 : being of one mind : agreeing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes unanimous means everyone,it was a majority vote. Who knows what the split was. All we know is that it was more than 7
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:26 pm Yes unanimous means everyone,it was a majority vote. Who knows what the split was. All we know is that it was more than 7
All 12 according to Tigers 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:32 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:26 pm Yes unanimous means everyone,it was a majority vote. Who knows what the split was. All we know is that it was more than 7
All 12 according to Tigers 😂
Think I’ll go with Premiership Rugby’s statement for now mate until we know otherwise.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

“ The new structure has unanimous support of the Premiership Rugby clubs”

That is completely different to all clubs unanimously voting for the changes.