Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Ringfencing almost upon us ?

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:42 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:40 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:39 pm The 4-2 agreement would have no legs in a legal case. For a start there could be a case where clubs have had more games cancelled and lost/won more points than others. Then there’s the nature of the games cancelled,Chiefs away or LI at home etc. You could play games even with Covid cases but without your best players who are ill/isolating etc. Like I said it won’t happen.
So teams will have a legal case when they don’t win the league then.
Yes,of course. Like I said the best thing to do would be to void the league this season and repeat it. Or have an * next to the champions.
So why are we only hearing from people about scrapping relegation but not people saying we shouldn’t have Champions then?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:50 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:40 pm

So teams will have a legal case when they don’t win the league then.
Yes,of course. Like I said the best thing to do would be to void the league this season and repeat it. Or have an * next to the champions.
So why are we only hearing from people about scrapping relegation but not people saying we shouldn’t have Champions then?
Probably because 1 team goes down but 4 get into the playoffs maybe 🙈
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Some teams could miss out on the top 4 though through the 4-2 system. Whether it’s 1 team or 4, the same theory applies
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Some teams could miss out on the top 4 though through the 4-2 system. Whether it’s 1 team or 4, the same theory applies
Yes they could,I’ve said it more than once now that the league should be voided. But I can’t see that happening because of Sarries. Do you do this on purpose mate?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:56 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:54 pm
Yes they could,I’ve said it more than once now that the league should be voided. But I can’t see that happening because of Sarries. Do you do this on purpose mate?
I’m just making a valid point. It’s all over the media about ring fencing but nothing is mentioned about winning the league. Can I not question that or is it only what you say goes?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

There’s a MASSIVE difference between 1 club going down and potentially going under and 4 possible play off places,can you not see that? And why havnt you mentioned RCC qualification? Surely that’s not fair either if a team misses out.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

The clubs have an incredibly weak legal case. They all choose to play in the competition and that means agreeing to the competition rules at the start. You can't then just complain at the end when it doesn't go your way.

Why do you think that none of the cancelled games were played in the enforced European break - it would be against the league rules and open the PRL up to a legal challenge by the relegated club.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can’t compare a knockout competition with a league one which could have serious ramifications for the relegated team.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I'm not comparing the competitions.

I'm saying there was a reason that the league games that were cancelled couldn't be replayed in the 2 weekends thay suddenly became available.

If BT are against ring fencing it won't happen. Simple as that. At least 7 clubs that almost certainly have no chance of being relegated this year won't risk having to pay millions in compensation over the survival of a rival.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:44 pm I'm not comparing the competitions.

I'm saying there was a reason that the league games that were cancelled couldn't be replayed in the 2 weekends thay suddenly became available.

If BT are against ring fencing it won't happen. Simple as that. At least 7 clubs that almost certainly have no chance of being relegated this year won't risk having to pay millions in compensation over the survival of a rival.
An agreement will be reached even if it’s for just this season.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

When it happens it should be with the provision clubs get in a better financial situation (non Covid wise) at present it's all built of a house of cards money wise.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I understand the broadcasters concerns but equally they have to understand the situation. Which of these Championship clubs realistically are capable of turning themselves into competitive Prem Clubs:

Ealing
Pirates
Coventry
Ampthill
Nottingham
Jersey
Bedford
Scottish
Doncaster
Hartpury
Richmond

None have ground capacity of more than 5,000, a big fan/player base, etc. that I can see. Yorkshire is the big hole geographically in the Prem make up but Carnegie got relegated and I don't think Doncaster can step up.

The teams in the Prem now seem well set and if you get Sarries back in there and fans back in the stadiums and it should be a great product regardless of having no relegation.

I don't think it is going to help anyone having one of the 13 being relegated and then walking the Championship each year.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

ourla wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:39 am I understand the broadcasters concerns but equally they have to understand the situation. Which of these Championship clubs realistically are capable of turning themselves into competitive Prem Clubs:

Ealing
Pirates
Coventry
Ampthill
Nottingham
Jersey
Bedford
Scottish
Doncaster
Hartpury
Richmond

None have ground capacity of more than 5,000, a big fan/player base, etc. that I can see. Yorkshire is the big hole geographically in the Prem make up but Carnegie got relegated and I don't think Doncaster can step up.

The teams in the Prem now seem well set and if you get Sarries back in there and fans back in the stadiums and it should be a great product regardless of having no relegation.

I don't think it is going to help anyone having one of the 13 being relegated and then walking the Championship each year.
Sarries do not have a large enough ground capacity without temporary stands or rebuilding neither do they have a big enough fan base either so realistically they should have to be re-assessed for suitability before being allowed to return.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 pm Sarries do not have a large enough ground capacity without temporary stands or rebuilding neither do they have a big enough fan base either so realistically they should have to be re-assessed for suitability before being allowed to return.
They have an adequate ground for their general needs and plenty of other options for bigger games.

Their attendance for standard home matches is at least as good as Sharks and Worcester.

By any measure I believe Saracens are up to par for the Prem.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

ourla wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:39 am I understand the broadcasters concerns but equally they have to understand the situation. Which of these Championship clubs realistically are capable of turning themselves into competitive Prem Clubs:

Ealing
Pirates
Coventry
Ampthill
Nottingham
Jersey
Bedford
Scottish
Doncaster
Hartpury
Richmond

They can ground share.