'The Ruck' lists The Premierships worst signings....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: 'The Ruck' lists The Premierships worst signings....

Post by JP14 »

Pretty sure even I have scored against Oadby Wiggs and that’s coming from a second row with a try-scoring record that makes Dan Cole’s tally look pretty darn good.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:33 pm interesting to see TJ named as Exeters worst signing, he was never going to make it as a pro, he was a brilliant runner, but that's all, great to see his 4 tries again and see my grandson giving him 2 of those passes, pity they did't show all of the match and my grandsons final try.
TJ Bristols worst signing, not Exeter’s that was supposedly Nadolo.
I remember Austin getting very excited during commentary when he came on. Classic case of being bigger and quicker than everyone else at 16, but then not staying ahead of the game.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 am
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:53 am
johnthegriff wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:27 am Have to remember in order to sign Pietersen we released Goneva, Pietersen was certainly a class player but lazy. JDV was if I remember correctly an injury dispensation signing and only had a 3 month contract. If we gave some though to selecting our worst ever signings I am sure we could come up with many more names, Tournaire, Fonua, Gaynor come to mind.
Tournaire is a great shout, came as one of the worlds top tight heads, looked like he played for Oadby Wyggs 2nds while he was here
Oi! I played for Oadby Wyggs 2nds on my past and will not hear a bad word said against them!
No slight on the Wyggs 2nds, I understand their half backs for a game pre pandemic were Harry Ellis and Billy Blair.

In my youth I played many enjoyable games for Wyggs colts, Newts 1st team in the morning, Wyggs colts in the afternoon, no wonder my back is knackered and I’ve got arthritic thumbs.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Best I can manage is Wyggs 3rds when our Colts games were cancelled, very funny being in the same team as one of your teachers.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:43 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:33 pm interesting to see TJ named as Exeters worst signing, he was never going to make it as a pro, he was a brilliant runner, but that's all, great to see his 4 tries again and see my grandson giving him 2 of those passes, pity they did't show all of the match and my grandsons final try.
TJ Bristols worst signing, not Exeter’s that was supposedly Nadolo.
I remember Austin getting very excited during commentary when he came on. Classic case of being bigger and quicker than everyone else at 16, but then not staying ahead of the game.
Thanks Mark, my mistake. You are correct about his pace, but he sadly lacked rugby know how.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

As he admitted in a bbc article. In his own words, he was a sprinter who was playing rugby