Saracens Vs Stormers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Saracens Vs Stormers

Post by kk20gb30 »

Rumors of this type of friendly have been doing the rounds for a while.Now apparently confirmed with the venue being The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saracens ... tottenham/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens Vs Stormers

Post by RichieB »

On the BBC Sport pages too. Copied this extract over from Stormers coach and found the language interesting, although I doubt it was said with any hidden meaning:

Stormers coach John Dobson added: "Saracens are one of the top club teams in the world and renowned for their innovation and forward-thinking on and off the pitch, which this match is another good example of.

Fancy ending a sentence with a preposition!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

"Fancy ending a sentence with a preposition!"
This is something up with which I will not put!

Presumably Saracens are not busy enough finishing the 19/20 season and starting the 20/21 season and have sufficient players to do that, and lose internationals and play this extra game.

I'm an amateur magician but Saracens are real pros!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm "Fancy ending a sentence with a preposition!"
This is something up with which I will not put!

Presumably Saracens are not busy enough finishing the 19/20 season and starting the 20/21 season and have sufficient players to do that, and lose internationals and play this extra game.

I'm an amateur magician but Saracens are real pros!
They'll play a weakened squad in the run in to the end of the season because it makes no odds to them. Good experience for their developing players and they are already relegated. They'll put a first team out for European games. They won't need anything close to a first team to dominate the Championship. Newcastle won every game in the Championship last season and their side is nothing close to the quality of Sarries.