Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Championship clubs to break away?

Post by Traveller »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 pm
Traveller wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 am The destruction of our Academy system, six regional centres spread throughout the country, all the brain child of the cheat in chief Ed Griffiths who I stress is no relation of mine. This scheme would be a disaster for the clubs, rugby and most of all for many young people. The only good thing about it is a proposed T.V deal for Championship clubs, if the RFU go for this scheme Premiership rugby needs to break away from the RFU.
Amazing Mr Griffiths is allowed anywhere near the English game. The week before the salary cap investigation in 2015 (?) he disappeared to SA (clutching a briefcase) having been that paragon of virtue, Nigel Wray's point man. An unfortunate coincidence for Mr Griffiths that his tenure as CEO coincided with Saracens corrupting the premiership competition. He returns last year to 'see Saracens through the post points deduction / fine' but had so little credibility with other club owners he barely lasted 48 hours. Now he is back.

My father always told me that people would make judgements about me by the company I kept.
I do agree about Griffiths but who appointed him, the RFU or The Championship clubs.
If it was the clubs maybe he’s given them exactly what they wanted.
The contents of the briefcase?
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

The briefcase contains the plan to get Sorries back into the Prem . A new raise in the salary cap to keep the Sorries squad .
His contract with Sorries starting with their promotion. The start date of ring fencing to allow Sorries a chance back into Prem. And the plan to get the RFU to be the Sorries "Sugar daddy"( Parent - allowing for gender discrimination ).
Oh and a Marmite sandwich.

I jest - of course.......Other plans are available......
If you've been affected by anything outlined please call our help line on 0330.007.007 ask for Bond....
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I foresee the demise of some Championship clubs, and some having to amalgamate in order to save themselves. A sad scenario.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:22 am The briefcase contains the plan to get Sorries back into the Prem . A new raise in the salary cap to keep the Sorries squad .
His contract with Sorries starting with their promotion. The start date of ring fencing to allow Sorries a chance back into Prem. And the plan to get the RFU to be the Sorries "Sugar daddy"( Parent - allowing for gender discrimination ).
Oh and a Marmite sandwich.

I jest - of course.......Other plans are available......
If you've been affected by anything outlined please call our help line on 0330.007.007 ask for Bond....

The contents of the briefcase were a very big thank you from Mr Wray for all that Mr Griffiths had done as CEO during his time at Saracens.