Tom Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tom Youngs

Post by DingDong »

I hear so many stories of how OTY's keeps players focussed on the training field, particularly those who's egos over step the mark and need some percussive therapy. A great player to have in the squad on and off the field.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Captain Tiger Tom. Committed - Yes. Hard working - Yes Tiger to the core - yes.
Do not right him off. I thought we are developing a squad with a work ethic and as Mr S.B said you'll get picked on merit.
So a squad that has experience and covering injured players to compete on all fronts is an asset surely?
Some players who have signed might find the prem a little daunting at first.We have signed big names before and they have not really played to their potential. Why then loose a True Tiger when he may be invigorated with quality and a competition to prove he is still the man to displace.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:21 am Captain Tiger Tom. Committed - Yes. Hard working - Yes Tiger to the core - yes.
Do not right him off. I thought we are developing a squad with a work ethic and as Mr S.B said you'll get picked on merit.
So a squad that has experience and covering injured players to compete on all fronts is an asset surely?
Some players who have signed might find the prem a little daunting at first.We have signed big names before and they have not really played to their potential. Why then loose a True Tiger when he may be invigorated with quality and a competition to prove he is still the man to displace.
Again people putting 2 and 2 together and making 7.
The point I and others are trying to make is that if, and it’s a big if, one of the best hookers in the world, Montoya, becomes available sooner than expected, it may be that, due to budget issues, alternative arrangements may have to be made with one of the 4 senior hookers.
Again this is all hypothetical, it might be Claire, but doubt his salary would make much difference, therefore, again hypothetically, do you go with the current international, the promising new comer or the veteran.

Nobody is questioning Tom’s commitment to the cause, his value as a skipper as a player or a human being.
BUT if Montoya were to come, there would be no debate over who the clubs number 1 hooker would be
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

None of us doubt his commitment to the club but there comes a time for the changing of the guard.