Puzzled - Saracens!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Puzzled - Saracens!

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Are you sure? I was under the impression the initial 36 (?) point deduction was for the previous 3 seasons of cheating. When it was clear that they couldn't make the cap this season either they were given a further points deduction.

Happy to be corrected but I'm certain the points deduction is in the regulations...
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Crofty wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:25 amWasn't the automatic relegation a sanction made up on the fly? Not to defend Sarries, they deserve everything they've got and probably more, but their relegation came from them refusing to submit to an audit mid year for the salary cap year 2019-20 if I recall correctly, a requirement not in the regulations and a punishment not listed for any offence against any regulation.
I think your recall may be erroneous, from 4.9a; 'if at any time the Salary Cap Manager reasonably suspects a breach of the Regulations, the Salary Cap Manager may instruct the Investigators to carry out an Investigatory Audit.' Penalties for transgression are detailed in the SCR.

Also, I would suggest some of those telling us how it should be done need to learn the difference between an error and an omission.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

I would posit that an omission can be regarded as an error, the fact that something is deliberately omitted does not preclude it from being erroneous and and error can be an error of omission!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BengalTiger wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:48 pm I would posit that an omission can be regarded as an error, the fact that something is deliberately omitted does not preclude it from being erroneous and and error can be an error of omission!
It ain't necessarily so...
To say that an omission (general) can be regarded as an error (general) is patently false. Some omissions may be errors in the same way that some quadrilaterals are squares but to suggest there is interchangeability?
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

h's dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:04 pm It ain't necessarily so...
To say that an omission (general) can be regarded as an error (general) is patently false. Some omissions may be errors in the same way that some
You are presuming to know which is which as a starting point, if information is not passed from A to B, how can B or C tell if it was error or omission, only A knows and he ain't telling!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Getting me confused now. :smt005
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BengalTiger wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 am
h's dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:04 pm It ain't necessarily so...
To say that an omission (general) can be regarded as an error (general) is patently false. Some omissions may be errors in the same way that some
You are presuming to know which is which as a starting point, if information is not passed from A to B, how can B or C tell if it was error or omission, only A knows and he ain't telling!
I may be the only one who isn't actually presuming anything.