LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:36 pm Would like to see Lynagh come in. Not seen much of him but like the idea of targeting young EQP. He’s v highly rated. Not sure if Ben Loader signed an extension with Irish or not - was highly touted to be joining Quins as a replacement for Ibitoye - he’s another I’d love to see at WR!
Any indication he's not enjoying life in France then we should try and make space for him to come back to England. With Agen bottom of the league he probably isn't enjoying it too much, if there's a relegation release clause in his contract we should be all over that. For the right price obviously.

Agree we should always have a list of prospective players to come in. Finding players of the required ability shouldn't be the only consideration it's whether they have the right personality and personal traits to adapt to life at Oval Park.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by RagingBull »

Looking at Luan de Bruin it's interesting that Edinburgh haven't announced him yet for next season and in the press releases they don't say 1 year or joins for a short term deal.

Also Moroni is flying to Leicester today.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Harry Glynn name isn't on the development squad list which suggest it's a permanent move to La Rochelle.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 am Looking at Luan de Bruin it's interesting that Edinburgh haven't announced him yet for next season and in the press releases they don't say 1 year or joins for a short term deal.

I agree with de Bruin, I wonder if it is the same sort of ‘signed’ as Montoya is to us for next season? I’m by no means clued up in this area, so just speculation on my part!

Good news about Moroni flying in today. Gets his 2 weeks quarantine out the way early, that should be done by the first round of the Challenge cup, then he can get his rehab and fitness in with Aled over December and hopefully we will see him come the New Year!! Very much looking forwards to seeing him in a Tigers Shirt! Centres looked good against Gloucester (albeit Gloucester were poor) and with the additions to the pack and half back and out wide when the whole squad is back, competition for places might be a form of riches we haven’t had for a long time!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 am Looking at Luan de Bruin it's interesting that Edinburgh haven't announced him yet for next season and in the press releases they don't say 1 year or joins for a short term deal.

I know its not a reliable way to work things out but Luan does follow a hell of a lot of Edinburgh related things on his instagram
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:04 am

I know its not a reliable way to work things out but Luan does follow a hell of a lot of Edinburgh related things on his instagram
Plans are definitely there for him to move but if contracts aren't yet signed then things can change.

Just like Montoya and Western Force, de Bruin is spending a season here. Due that time we have a chance to impress him with our facilities fans etc and he has the opportunity to impress on the field. Contract offers can change and he can change.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 am Harry Glynn name isn't on the development squad list which suggest it's a permanent move to La Rochelle.
I think there was a bit of wishful thinking at the time. None of the releases at the end of August mentioned it being a loan move, and some even stated explicitly that he had been released by the club (presumably to move over their with his family).
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Glynn appears to be getting game time at 10 in the Espoirs too:

https://www.staderochelais.com/actualit ... es/espoirs
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:55 am
RagingBull wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 am Harry Glynn name isn't on the development squad list which suggest it's a permanent move to La Rochelle.
I think there was a bit of wishful thinking at the time. None of the releases at the end of August mentioned it being a loan move, and some even stated explicitly that he had been released by the club (presumably to move over their with his family).
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/sq ... ate-200831

This was the press release at the time - the headline implies it is a year long loan deal for Harry, but the text around Harry at the bottom mentions nothing about a loan or about a permanent deal - just implies it is a year long stint.
That doesn’t mean to say he will be back in Leicester at the end of the year, or anything mind.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I think that might be a misleading headline. Loan agreements were Forsyth and Jennings, Glynn gets a “meanwhile”. Murphy’s comments didn’t help the ambiguity though! :smt003
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:36 pm Would like to see Lynagh come in. Not seen much of him but like the idea of targeting young EQP. He’s v highly rated. Not sure if Ben Loader signed an extension with Irish or not - was highly touted to be joining Quins as a replacement for Ibitoye - he’s another I’d love to see at WR!
Which Lynagh? I didnt know that there were two sons but Tom, the younger, has signed for the reds - https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/r ... p-by-reds/
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

happywomble wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:07 am
Which Lynagh? I didnt know that there were two sons but Tom, the younger, has signed for the reds - https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/r ... p-by-reds/
Tigers are keeping tabs on Louis Lynagh I believe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Got to be the biggest downside to keeping an eye on him is that he (or his dad) wants to play for Aus.
Is it worth investing time into him for 2/3 years in his early development for him to go play with his brother?
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:57 am Got to be the biggest downside to keeping an eye on him is that he (or his dad) wants to play for Aus.
Is it worth investing time into him for 2/3 years in his early development for him to go play with his brother?
My thoughts exactly. Lynagh is undoubtedly talented and I'd be happy to see him at Welford Road but arguably not a long term signing.

I still hope that we see Ollie Smith return to the set-up after he's developed further. It was a surprise he didn't get a development contract.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Agree on Lynagh Jr. Sounds very non commital on playing for England, based on interviews considers himself Australian and would welcome playing for Italy (born in Italy, Italian mother).