LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by RichieB »

happywomble wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:27 pm And another....

https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/ ... 62?lang=en
Sheesh! That one is a shocker isn't it?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by sam16111986 »

happywomble wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:27 pm And another....

https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/ ... 62?lang=en
That type of clearance is far too old school for a 24 year old. He wraps the other arm and drops contact height by six inches and it's a brilliant clear out. Perhaps seen as a rough diamond that we'll polish up. He certainly looks powerful enough just needs to channel it better.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I believe it's done.

On the cards not really a worry for me.
People called Lavanini a thug.
People call Genge a thug.

It's the type of player Cockers would like and we have been missing a pack Cockers would like.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:49 pm I believe it's done.

It's the type of player Cockers would like and we have been missing a pack Cockers would like.
Between Genge, OTY, Lavanini and Weise we would certainly have enough "enforcers", From the way a few of the coaching team have spoken they seem to see Enever in that enforcer mould too
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Definitely, aggression, if properly channelled, can be a massive bonus for the side.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 pm

Between Genge, OTY, Lavanini and Weise we would certainly have enough "enforcers", From the way a few of the coaching team have spoken they seem to see Enever in that enforcer mould too
Dan Cole has never shied away from getting stuck in either. We've all said the pack is too nice and we want more grit and power up front. Occasionally that comes with a card.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

So I thought yesterday, we need another prop, then another 6/8 and a 12 would be ‘nice to have’.
Well, the 6/8 looks on the cards, what are the chances of a prop and centre.
TigersUltra

Post by TigersUltra »

Number 8 is perfect, he looks a mean ball carrier. Huw Jones rumour comes true, Montoya on the way and then a prop too maybe? We’ve done some serious business and actually managed to create some proper depth. Plus most won’t be gone when the six nations hit. Much better squad dynamic than before. I adore Manu, but puts into perspective the cash we can spread with his money and the others obviously.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Quite happy to see us sign a thug to be perfectly honest. Very happy with the signing of Wiese if true.

As others have already said, we've missed that bit of devil in the last couple of years.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Jasper Wiese would make a good addition ...aggression and a desire to win should be our minimum requirements throughout the team...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With the tease that we may not be done for the week, and a suggestion a few days ago that Montoya would be announced in a few days, and we were the ones rumouredwith him. Wiese supposedly having signed, should I get some popcorn ready this morning??
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I thought the hint was more no more this week
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yeah okay he’s a loose cannon, but so was Gengey, Manu, Lavanini, Tom Youngs also can get pretty rifled when you get under his skin too. Point is it can be toned down, or channelled to something more legal.

Could be an exciting addition if true, but again still concerned at the amount of players leaving South Africa, almost like a second Great Trek.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Pearce9

Post by Pearce9 »

Looks like the Cheetahs have confirmed Wiese http://www.fscheetahs.co.za/news/toyot ... 0-20200722

Someone help me out if the link doesn’t work.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 am I thought the hint was more no more this week
Well after Bondi tweeted that's it feet up for the rest of the week the club tweeted back saying

"Hmmm don't think so. Be at work on time tommorow.

We are not done yet."

That to my mind hints about more signings coming soon... though could be teasing him that there's more to his job than just announcing signings
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.