LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by baz1664 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:32 pm Geordan Murphy has gone!
About time!! Let SB put his full stamp on the club :smt023
Last edited by baz1664 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happywomble

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by happywomble »

I just read the statement. Blimey is all I can say at this stage!!

Good Luck Smurf and family wherever your next move leads you!!!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:33 pm Oh :censored:.
Why do you think this is a bad idea?

Personally I'm indifferent as I recognise Murphy's service, the fact he was given a frankly unsurmountable task back in 2018 but also the need for Borthwick to have everything he needs to get us back to the top.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Personally I'm indifferent as I recognise Murphy's service, the fact he was given a frankly unsurmountable task back in 2018 but also the need for Borthwick to have everything he needs to get us back to the top.
I think large scale change 2 weeks before the season never ends well.
Unless we know no relegation
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 pm

I think you may have hit the nail on the head.
-Club losing money
-League then say we're ringfencing
-Club decides to make cuts now get a new team bedded in during dead season, any progress is positive.
-Saves money now without risking relegation.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:52 am Who knows when we will be allowed back into grounds so until then its maintenance mode. Keep the club solvent and stay in the premiership. Changes seem to be incremental which is probably very sensible way to go. Not the time for revolution I feel.
Or not. Just goes to show what the f**k do I know.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Frankly, I'm not sure of the short-term impact of this. I guess it's a wait-and-see situation, after all the club will attribute the Covid outbreak if the start to this season is poor.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:04 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:47 am
fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:13 am And who sits at the top of this farago. Still there.
If you are suggesting Peter Tom, personally he seems to have the Clubs interests at heart otherwise he would of cashed out...admits his errors, not many Chairmen would of done the LTTV stuff.
We are in a massive hole on many levels for many reasons, stability in ownership is a positive for me.
Peter Tom staying is about commitment I suspect, and he is a tough businessman. If the reference is Smurf, well he's the latest hate figure now Cohen has gone, with Mike Ford a close second.
Just leaves Ford now!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:32 pm Geordan Murphy has gone!
No smoke without fire , time to put it out before Tigers are burned to the ground
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

What about the impact of GM leaving on those players who allegedly signed largely due to Murphy's 'vision'? I think Genge was one from memory. Unless it was all marketing speak (without substance) to build up Murphy's reputation. Time will tell if and when there is an exodus of some of the world-class or at least top class players we have. I'm thinking Genge, Ford (G), Nadolo, Lavanini, Leibenberg
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RichieB wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:48 pm What about the impact of GM leaving on those players who allegedly signed largely due to Murphy's 'vision'? I think Genge was one from memory. Unless it was all marketing speak (without substance) to build up Murphy's reputation. Time will tell if and when there is an exodus of some of the world-class or at least top class players we have. I'm thinking Genge, Ford (G), Nadolo, Lavanini, Leibenberg
I gave up believing the tosh that the club spin to cover up our decay.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

RichieB wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:48 pm What about the impact of GM leaving on those players who allegedly signed largely due to Murphy's 'vision'? I think Genge was one from memory. Unless it was all marketing speak (without substance) to build up Murphy's reputation. Time will tell if and when there is an exodus of some of the world-class or at least top class players we have. I'm thinking Genge, Ford (G), Nadolo, Lavanini, Leibenberg
IDK it sounded like the England boys might have been off if Borthwick wasn't coming in.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:07 pm
IDK it sounded like the England boys might have been off if Borthwick wasn't coming in.
Genge thinks a lot of Borthwick as a coach but it's clear that many can't cope with his intensity. It's been masochistically amusing to see the various excuses for people leaving being trotted out. In reality, there's only one reason for all the recent departures - including today's.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:11 pm
Genge thinks a lot of Borthwick as a coach but it's clear that many can't cope with his intensity. It's been masochistically amusing to see the various excuses for people leaving being trotted out. In reality, there's only one reason for all the recent departures - including today's.
& if Borthwick fails???
To win is not as important as playing with style!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:16 pm
strawclearer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:11 pm

& if Borthwick fails???
To my face: "O'Connor was my mistake - I hold my hands up to that. Borthwick is my appointment and, if he fails, I'll fall on my sword."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives