LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:10 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:05 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:57 pm Have taken Williams and Bower off the squad list
Has Bower been released?
They are both in the squad page still, interestingly they've changed all the photo's from last seasons kit to the new training kit which indicates they are both staying this season too

Bower sign only till the end of season and Williams was a loan (Neither Nottingham nor tigers have yet to confirm longer)
I wouldn't read too much into the squad page, all the new signings are still not on it.

That training kit was also the one they trained with during the end of season chunk of games. Not the newer black kit.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by JP14 »

I hope Joe Browning gets some game-time soon...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:42 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Has Bower been released?
They are both in the squad page still, interestingly they've changed all the photo's from last seasons kit to the new training kit which indicates they are both staying this season too

Bower sign only till the end of season and Williams was a loan (Neither Nottingham nor tigers have yet to confirm longer)
I wouldn't read too much into the squad page, all the new signings are still not on it.

That training kit was also the one they trained with during the end of season chunk of games. Not the newer black kit.
Also Steward is still listed on the development squad, cannot believe our starting full back won't be getting a promotion into the full squad...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:41 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Also Steward is still listed on the development squad, cannot believe our starting full back won't be getting a promotion into the full squad...

I think that is more a salary thing on the whole.
Under 30K + U24 and you are not classed in the senior cap.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

sapajo wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:05 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 pm I worry where we are heading, I don't want us to become a Saracens clone type team, I would rather us never get back to the top than resort to their methods on & off the pitch.
This could be the thin end of the wedge.
If cloning their methods on the pitch means winning I will happily take it
Agreed. Can't stand Nigel Wray. But on the field Saracens played some of the best club rugby I've ever seen. Extraordinary in defence and ruthless in attack. What's not to like.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Traveller wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:48 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 pm I worry where we are heading, I don't want us to become a Saracens clone type team, I would rather us never get back to the top than resort to their methods on & off the pitch.
This could be the thin end of the wedge.
Agreed. Can't stand Nigel Wray. But on the field Saracens played some of the best club rugby I've ever seen. Extraordinary in defence and ruthless in attack. What's not to like.
But all built & maintained by cheating & very questionable ethics.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:08 pm
Traveller wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:48 pm

But all built & maintained by cheating & very questionable ethics.
Disagree - the ethics weren't 'questionable' they were utterly corrupt.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Just because we’ve signed Wigglesworth doesn’t mean we’re gonna get bought by Wray and all of our squad will get a nice house!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:41 am Just because we’ve signed Wigglesworth doesn’t mean we’re gonna get bought by Wray and all of our squad will get a nice house!
No it doesn't, but to me it's a step onto the wrong path.
The fact the Wrays are still allowed in the game in any form is a disgrace.
Does our new signing still benefit from the salary cap breaking deads?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:41 am Just because we’ve signed Wigglesworth doesn’t mean we’re gonna get bought by Wray and all of our squad will get a nice house!
Of course it does. The devil walks the earth, and his name is Nigel.

And we will continue to protest against his immorality, typing away on phones and keyboards made in questionable conditions by people whose plight we ignore because it is not right in front of us and conveniently benefits us, all the while lecturing from our pedestals about the ethics of sport and the cheating that results in some people who had very nice lives having even better lives at the expense of other slightly more deserving people who still have very nice lives regardless.

Put aside your ridiculous rationalism, JP14, close your eyes, and dive head first into the warm comfort of the least panic-worthy moral panic of our time - cheating in sport. You may also wish to put your fingers in your ears so as to shield yourself from the reality that we ourselves fuel far more heinous immorality and injustice, and remain cosy in the embrace of imaginary moral high ground.
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

The Rugby Paper alleging that Murphy’s time could be up after this season and that Wigglesworth could slot in to Rob Taylor’s role!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Loob19 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 am The Rugby Paper alleging that Murphy’s time could be up after this season and that Wigglesworth could slot in to Rob Taylor’s role!
I can see Murphy moving away from the playing aspect of the club in the next few years. He seems much more comfortable in the DOR role overseeing club and structure development than he does coaching. Moving up to the board is probably only a matter of time.

Given we will struggle to bring in any backs coach that isn't already in the UK and even then that could be tough in lockdown Wigglesworth as a player/coach makes sense. He's got the badges, has coached elsewhere whilst playing already.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:02 am
Of course it does. The devil walks the earth, and his name is Nigel.

And we will continue to protest against his immorality, typing away on phones and keyboards made in questionable conditions by people whose plight we ignore because it is not right in front of us and conveniently benefits us, all the while lecturing from our pedestals about the ethics of sport and the cheating that results in some people who had very nice lives having even better lives at the expense of other slightly more deserving people who still have very nice lives regardless.

Put aside your ridiculous rationalism, JP14, close your eyes, and dive head first into the warm comfort of the least panic-worthy moral panic of our time - cheating in sport. You may also wish to put your fingers in your ears so as to shield yourself from the reality that we ourselves fuel far more heinous immorality and injustice, and remain cosy in the embrace of imaginary moral high ground.
Strange it's not like me to be rational :smt003.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Loob19 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 am The Rugby Paper alleging that Murphy’s time could be up after this season and that Wigglesworth could slot in to Rob Taylor’s role!
He should be nowhere near the coaching side anyway!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I had no idea you were of that opinion, Scott...