LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by RagingBull »

Bunagroo signs for Fed 1 team S.A. Trelissac Rugby
Leaves
Adam thompstone
Kyle Eastmond
Sam Eveleigh
Leo Gilliand
Joe Thomas

As leavers yet to announce clubs.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:23 pm Bunagroo signs for Fed 1 team S.A. Trelissac Rugby
Leaves
Adam thompstone
Kyle Eastmond
Sam Eveleigh
Leo Gilliand
Joe Thomas

As leavers yet to announce clubs.
Was disappointed we didn't see more of him
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Without for a second wanting to brush off Taylor Gough's horrible situation * I did wonder if Eveleigh might be brought back in to fill that depth in the development squad and A-team. Ilione is a huge talent but will be away for university. Kit Smith is very talented but would be better suited getting a full season on loan with one club in my opinion. Eveleigh always impressed me, he needs to keep developing physically for senior rugby but he's good over the ball and can be brutal in the tackle.

* It's heart warming to see that Taylor's JustGiving fundraiser is close to £50,000 now.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:40 pm All of those mentioned were good but imo not world class and would not say they had pace to burn
None of the combinations of Barritt & Lozowski, Henshaw & Ringrose, Lam & De Allende, Ma Nonu & Smith have / had ‘pace to burn’ but they are / were very successful. If I had to choose one centre I’d go for Conrad Smith, and he definitely wasn't a burner but what a player. Not world class? Well if Conrad Smith wasn't world class I'm not sure what the term means. The evidence is that it doesn't seem to matter. Now in the back three? That's a completely different issue. IMHO.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Conrad Smith was as important to the AB's as Carter, he is one of those players who is just a bit better than you actually think they are, the nearest equivalent in the NH is Johnathan Davies.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:49 am Conrad Smith was as important to the AB's as Carter, he is one of those players who is just a bit better than you actually think they are, the nearest equivalent in the NH is Johnathan Davies.
Agreed. Both for me absolutely 'world class' centres - otherwise the phrase is meaningless, but neither of them had pace to burn and an OC doesn't need to have. Now at full back - Christian Cullen, on the wing (the underwoods), Jonny May, Cheslin Kolbe et al. Yes.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Think this is getting a bit ‘off piste’ on this thread unless I’m missing something :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Ben Lam carving up Edinburgh on his first start for Bordeaux, if only we'd been able to squeeze him in with Nadolo.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:04 pm Ben Lam carving up Edinburgh on his first start for Bordeaux, if only we'd been able to squeeze him in with Nadolo.
Looking very impressive and a class player for sure. Think we’ll have some great options though with Nadolo, Murimurivalu, Van Wyk and Potter
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Popcorn anyone?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers sign Argentine 10 Joaquín Díaz Bonilla
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Good back up for Ford, he is a solid fly half!
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Love that they've changed the Tigers Twitter name to:

Leícester Tígers

in his honour.

:smt003

Unless there's more to follow...
Blimey...
AshbyTiger

Post by AshbyTiger »

Interesting in the article on the website that he is a back up to Ford, Henry and McPhilips.

Does this suggest we see Henry as more of a 15 or because he is covering both we need extra bodies?

Hardwick now considered a centre as Radio Leicester suggesting?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I don’t see Zack Henry as a back up 15. He’s more than proved his worth at 10 as back up to Ford, but where does that leave McPhillips?
Semper in excretia