LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by trendylfj »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/christia ... alo-bills/

Christian Wade has been released but may be able to get back on the practice squad - worth a look at if he wants to come back?????
Hehehehehehehehe
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by fortysix »

A couple of new youngsters who have been blooded recently have immediately shown they will be very good players.
Worth Hardwick and Olowofela have had three years, with bog all improvement. No pace, riddled with positional errors, shocking defences, at best Championship standard.
Its PACE that wins matches , after the forwards have done the softening.
Wade would be a godsend, please, please, please. Even Ashton...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:25 pm https://www.rugbypass.com/news/christia ... alo-bills/

Christian Wade has been released but may be able to get back on the practice squad - worth a look at if he wants to come back?????
It's standard practice in the NFL especially for these International players.
He won't be looking to come back.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I WOULD SNAP HIM UP IF HE WAS AVAILABLE. :smt026
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Wade isn’t for me. His defence has always been poor.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Didn’t know where to post this but has anyone else heard that the 5 players that went have commenced legal proceedings against us? Could be problematic if they were awarded a payout as it would come out of our cap
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:02 pm Didn’t know where to post this but has anyone else heard that the 5 players that went have commenced legal proceedings against us? Could be problematic if they were awarded a payout as it would come out of our cap
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ayers.html
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Oh well, here we go. Hope we've got room in the salary cap!! :smt009
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Seems like there was ice behind Manu’s smiles yesterday then.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ads wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm Oh well, here we go. Hope we've got room in the salary cap!! :smt009
Doesn't it depend on what year it falls into? Presumably everything after the end of June falls into the 2020-21 cap which is the year of earnings these guys are missing out on. As they won't have played for us in that year could they be exempt from the cap? If a player does not make an appearance in a season they can be exempt from the cap. I think I'm right in saying that.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Take this one with a pinch of salt , but if there is any credence in the report I'd certainly not say 'No' to Christian Wade :

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-christi ... emiership/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:08 am
ads wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm Oh well, here we go. Hope we've got room in the salary cap!! :smt009
Doesn't it depend on what year it falls into? Presumably everything after the end of June falls into the 2020-21 cap which is the year of earnings these guys are missing out on. As they won't have played for us in that year could they be exempt from the cap? If a player does not make an appearance in a season they can be exempt from the cap. I think I'm right in saying that.
Lets hope so.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I would have thought that payment to them for 2019/20 season was in the cap for that season, it is all going to be blurred for most clubs cap wise as payments to players normally run from July 1st to June 30th and in this unique year seasons are all mixed up. I would think that any payments, loss of earnings or damages that have to be paid as a result of legal action will be outside the salary cap. I also assume Tiger's took legal advice before deciding on any payment policy so a court case should be interesting, possibly some hoping for an out of court settlement without actually going to judgement, I wonder who is bluffing and who will blink first.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Murimurivalu to start training tomorrow, so there is a possibility he could feature in a fixture before the end of the Resumption.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Amounts that constitute salary for the salary cap include:

"any payment or benefit in kind paid in respect of a Player in connection with his
redundancy or the termination of his playing contract with the Club including all
redundancy or termination payments or benefits in kind (whether paid or payable
provided or to be provided voluntarily, contractually, pursuant to statute or
otherwise). Any such payment or benefit in kind shall count as Salary in the Salary
Cap Year in which the player contract terminates, irrespective of whether it is paid,
payable, provided, or to be provided before, during or after the Salary Cap Year
concerned; "

So, any payments made to any of the 5 players will count towards this seasons salary cap. I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem though as we have already vastly reduced our wage cost through all the salary reductions that were accepted.