LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am
Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:19 am I wasn’t aware of the issue with Mamukashvili, his signing was announced that long ago, you would have hoped all that would have been sorted.
From what has been said on LTTV with Geordan is that the issuing of visas has been an issue as the Embassies had closed down and the waiting time is longer than normal. This Covid has a lot to answer for!!
It certainly has
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Did I miss this in the thread? From Ultimate Rugby yesterday: “Nick Isiekwe (Loan to Leicester Tigers)”

Post here’s https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/pre ... ts/628690#

I thought this had been disproved? Ultimate Rugby out of date or just me??
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 am Did I miss this in the thread? From Ultimate Rugby yesterday: “Nick Isiekwe (Loan to Leicester Tigers)”

Post here’s https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/pre ... ts/628690#

I thought this had been disproved? Ultimate Rugby out of date or just me??
Pretty sure he's on loan with Saints
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

He is - if you look on the same thread he is on both clubs (Saints and us) but can diffo say he is at Saints
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Given the club have reannounced Weise this morning, am I to go get some popcorn for others?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:09 am Given the club have reannounced Weise this morning, am I to go get some popcorn for others?
Or they have on Twitter at least
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:03 pm For the benefit of members I have used RB’s new senior squad intake and listed as to when they have arrived or due to arrived as this is more confusing than normal due to Covid.

Zack Henry (Arrived)
Shalva Mamukashvili (Still seeking visa as far as I’m aware)
Nemani Nadolo (Arrived)
Cyle Brink (Arrived but in rehab)
Matt Scott (Arrived)
Harry Potter (Arrived)
Blake Enever (Arrived)
David Williams (Arrived)
Luke Wallace (Arrived)
Guy Porter (Arrived)
Kobus Van Wyk (Final game for the Canes will be their next match so I assume he will be here mid-August)
Kini Murimurivalu (Due before August 15 )
Matias Moroni (Unsure due to future of Jaguares but could be not until December)
Jasper Wiese (Due end of October)

If I’m inaccurate please correct me!
https://twitter.com/leicestertigers/sta ... 50978?s=21

Guy Porter has arrived so I have edited the above post.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Andy Forsyth and Rory Jennings from Coventry have joined the squad for the resumption of the 2019/2020 season with Murimurivalu, van Wyk and Moroni due to arrive after the season resumes.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm Andy Forsyth and Rory Jennings from Coventry have joined the squad for the resumption of the 2019/2020 season with Murimurivalu, van Wyk and Moroni due to arrive after the season resumes.
The way the article is written i'm not sure they are intending on them being part of the playing squad or just extra bodies for training
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:28 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm Andy Forsyth and Rory Jennings from Coventry have joined the squad for the resumption of the 2019/2020 season with Murimurivalu, van Wyk and Moroni due to arrive after the season resumes.
The way the article is written i'm not sure they are intending on them being part of the playing squad or just extra bodies for training
I must admit I skim-read the article slightly. Seems logical when there are no championship games so keeps some of Coventry’s players sharp during an off season period for them, whilst helping the squad prepare for the Exeter game and start of the Prem resumption.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Yeah, extra bodies for training but probably no harm keeping them around for the fixture congestion in the coming few weeks.
frenchtiger123

Post by frenchtiger123 »

Gigena's current instagram story suggests that he has an appointment to get a new passport, followed by some Italy flags. Good news for him to have the dual nationality?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

frenchtiger123 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:24 pm Gigena's current instagram story suggests that he has an appointment to get a new passport, followed by some Italy flags. Good news for him to have the dual nationality?
Potentially! As long as he arrives soon that’s all that matters.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:18 am
frenchtiger123 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:24 pm Gigena's current instagram story suggests that he has an appointment to get a new passport, followed by some Italy flags. Good news for him to have the dual nationality?
Actually the Italian passport would be a major bonus. It'll mean he won't need visas to move around Europe next season which will make life easier for him and club admin. It'll also means he won't take up a foreign player spot so he can play alongside Lavanini and and Mukashvilli (sp?) Our new hooker at the same time. With Montoya joining next summer or rumoured to be that would apply with him as well.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:18 am
Actually the Italian passport would be a major bonus. It'll mean he won't need visas to move around Europe next season which will make life easier for him and club admin. It'll also means he won't take up a foreign player spot so he can play alongside Lavanini and and Mukashvilli (sp?) Our new hooker at the same time. With Montoya joining next summer or rumoured to be that would apply with him as well.
With regards to the foreign player slots, do we know which of the new players have dual citizenship and which players in the squad count as overseas?