Topps Tiles - new main sponsor

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Topps Tiles - new main sponsor

Post by Mark62 »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:06 am Burn baby Burn its a disco inferno............

However as the Tiger to captain a World Cup winning team surely the Martin Johnson Stand would be a better fit :smt030
Much as it’s a great idea, where’s the sponsorship money in that.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:09 am
wellstiger wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:06 am Burn baby Burn its a disco inferno............

However as the Tiger to captain a World Cup winning team surely the Martin Johnson Stand would be a better fit :smt030
Much as it’s a great idea, where’s the sponsorship money in that.
In the same way the Crumbie is festooned with Breedon sponsorship (and so could be seen as the Crumbie stand sponsored by Breedon, or the Breedon Crumbie) you could do similar by festooning the Martin Johnson stand with Topps Tiles sponsorship and call it the Martin Johnson stand sponsored by Topps or the Topps Tiles Martin Johnson stand or something like that.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The Members stand ceased to exist years ago, it maybe a fond memory for some but it has gone. The slag heap disappeared over 25 years ago when we built the Alliance and Leicester. The club house went as did the Nissan hut, we still have the Crumbie stand and terrace but one day they too will go and be replaced, to people who have been Crumbie dwellers for many years changing names does not alter what we call it but when it is a new building then it ceases to be the Crumbie and if the club can make money by naming it for a sponsor good luck to them.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:03 pm The Members stand ceased to exist years ago, it maybe a fond memory for some but it has gone. The slag heap disappeared over 25 years ago when we built the Alliance and Leicester. The club house went as did the Nissan hut, we still have the Crumbie stand and terrace but one day they too will go and be replaced, to people who have been Crumbie dwellers for many years changing names does not alter what we call it but when it is a new building then it ceases to be the Crumbie and if the club can make money by naming it for a sponsor good luck to them.
"Exactly", ~ as has been said before ~ "there is a very high IQ level in Block Q of The Crumbie!" and many of us cannot wait to return there. :smt038 Tigers! :smt038
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^^ 😀
Valhalla I am coming!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:03 pm The Members stand ceased to exist years ago, it maybe a fond memory for some but it has gone. The slag heap disappeared over 25 years ago when we built the Alliance and Leicester. The club house went as did the Nissan hut, we still have the Crumbie stand and terrace but one day they too will go and be replaced, to people who have been Crumbie dwellers for many years changing names does not alter what we call it but when it is a new building then it ceases to be the Crumbie and if the club can make money by naming it for a sponsor good luck to them.
Will there be a replacement terrace when the dear ol' Crumbie is consigned to history?
As a former stalwart of said terrace, who sadly only gets to a couple of games each season nowadays, I sincerely hope that those who prefer to stand will not be disappointed when the time comes to redevelop the Crumbie stand
Semper in excretia
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I hope that when is any development they keep the tunnel for the players through the crowd, which I think is almost unique now certainly in the premiership.
I don’t know whether I dreamt it, but I’m sure when the built the big stand, there is provision for changing roomS under there and there is already a tunnel onto the pitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm pretty sure they will keep the terrace/build a replacement terrace when the Crumbie is finally redeveloped. Had it not been for lockdown, I reckon they would have started on it next season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:33 pm I'm pretty sure they will keep the terrace/build a replacement terrace when the Crumbie is finally redeveloped. Had it not been for lockdown, I reckon they would have started on it next season.
Surely concentrating on the projects outside the ground first?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Anyone made sense of their comp - where is the hidden Tigers logo??
Hehehehehehehehe
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:10 pm Former sponsors of the City, no?
Yes. I'm sorry to say I own one of those shirts. :smt045 :smt044
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Now a good gimmick would be for them to hand out a free tile every time a spectator enters the ground. Season ticket holders would then be able to collect enough to retile the kitchen or bathroom at home. Maybe even both! :smt005 :smt005