LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Episode 3 The revenge of the Contracts.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Episode 3 The revenge of the Contracts.

Post by MCC1964 »

Egerton reporting that JT is staying, but possibly only until the end of next season.

Doh! Didn’t read the previous page!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Episode 3 The revenge of the Contracts.

Post by fentiger »

So, now the dust has pretty well settled.... we've lost five players who for whatever reason chose not to accept the amended terms. Are we any worse off than the majority of other clubs? No, I don't think so and are probably still better off than most.
The club have done their best IMHO to stabilise the finances whilst keeping the best squad they can. Like it or not it is a business!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:52 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:52 pm Huge news re Taufua, he Brink and Liebenberg potentially are the best back tow in the premiership, and gives the groundings for the younger lads to break through.
It's almost certainly the most powerful!
Yes and I do understand that 7 is probably not his best position, but you have to try and get your best players on the park at the same time.
Maybe not, but he's pretty effective there!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Taufua staying ...... :smt041 :smt026 :smt081 :smt080

One player doesn’t make a team but Taufua is the type of player you need in a winning one.

And relax.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 pm Taufua staying ...... :smt041 :smt026 :smt081 :smt080

One player doesn’t make a team but Taufua is the type of player you need in a winning one.

And relax.....
There are going to be some wingers having sleepless nights about him operating out wide on the same flank as Nadolo, and Stuart Hogg has just gone back into isolation
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

RichieB wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:33 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:13 pm That’s a real shame about Alemanno, thought he could have been something here at Tigers but never mind. Sam Williamson has tweeted just the following emoji 💥, probably in reference to the kit but it could be Taufua or signings, in fact it could be all three!
Not on Twitter or facebook, so this may sound daft but who is Sam Williamson?
AKA Bondi, does the media stuff and LTTV interviews.
Ah, love him and this news! What a pleasant end to an evening.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

A very pleasant end to an evening indeed!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53412187

Onwards and upwards!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Superb news! Super pleased he's stuck by us and we've managed to keep his services!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Fantastic news. With all due respect to the leavers, of all the rumoured departures Taufua is the one who would have been the biggest loss IMHO. This is a real positive for us.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I not sure if I am out of step or in line with the overall view of things - but for me the club have done some great business in the midst of the most significant economic crisis since the 2WW. They've secured the long term services of a talented 30+ players and recruited exceptionally well. Those that were released as free agents Eastmond, Bateman, Reid, Viljoen whilst respecting them as players, were not essential to the future success of the club. So really it amounted to Tuilagi and Veainu.

It saddens me to say it, but I'm delighted we have moved on from Tuilagi and the annual saga of will he stay or will he go, Borthwick can build the team in a new image. If one, possibly two additional real talents can be recruited - great.

Well done to those in charge.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Given Savea doesn’t yet have a deal, anyone think he could be attainable?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Over the past couple of months we have in my opinion lost 4 players who in an ideal world we would have kept in May, Tuilagi , Holmes and Veainu. We have signed in Nedalo and Scott 2 players of similar ability.
Our Forwards look quite strong especially if we have another lock lined up but I would also like to see us sign at least 1 other top class centre and full back/wing. :smt023
A2O
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Over the moon about Taufua! With him, Montoya, Genge, Brink, Lavinini and Nadolo on the field at once the opposition will definitely have some bruises the next day!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

anz3001 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:53 pm Alemmano is off the table for us then....
Why is this so? Cannot see any messages explaining why.
As Good As It Gets