Finishing this season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Finishing this season

Post by Mark62 »

Pilot events to start again this weekend with a view to restricted crowds from October
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:05 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:51 am I hated the water breaks during the football but I understand its necessity especially during the hot weather, hopefully it will lead to less tying of the shoe laces to speed the game up.
Absolute necessity imo, unlike football they can be tied into a natural break in the game around 20 minutes, scrum line out etc
I'm slightly concerned. Has anybody ever seen a game where the water bottles aren't run onto the pitch a darn site more often than twice a game? Ever seen a referee say 'get those bottles off the pitch'? I worry that we will see referees telling waterboys 'not yet' when players are in need of hydration. This formalisation is a solution to a problem that simply isn't there, won't improve anything and may make matters worse. Am I a luddite?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

h's dad wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:06 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:51 am I hated the water breaks during the football but I understand its necessity especially during the hot weather, hopefully it will lead to less tying of the shoe laces to speed the game up.
Absolute necessity imo, unlike football they can be tied into a natural break in the game around 20 minutes, scrum line out etc
I'm slightly concerned. Has anybody ever seen a game where the water bottles aren't run onto the pitch a darn site more often than twice a game? Ever seen a referee say 'get those bottles off the pitch'? I worry that we will see referees telling waterboys 'not yet' when players are in need of hydration. This formalisation is a solution to a problem that simply isn't there, won't improve anything and may make matters worse. Am I a luddite?
I still expect water to be available to players during breaks in play when the clock is off as previously. This would appear to be a more formal stop at halfway through each half.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:03 am

I still expect water to be available to players during breaks in play when the clock is off as previously. This would appear to be a more formal stop at halfway through each half.
I may be looking at a worst case scenario. I just can't see that best case is any better than it is now.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

h's dad wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:31 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:03 am
I may be looking at a worst case scenario. I just can't see that best case is any better than it is now.
I’d imagine we’re looking at organised 2 to 3 minute breaks where players officials can get a drink properly rather than a quick squeeze from a water bottle.
I do agree though that at every break water boys are on as things stand already.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:38 pm Pilot events to start again this weekend with a view to restricted crowds from October
Yes apparently going to be a limited crowd at the Crucible for the Snooker final.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

One of the issues with giving water to the players is that there will no be sharing of water bottles. Each player will be issued with their own water bottles.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I understand that, I just found the 20 minute mark water break... awkward I think.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Some valid points raised in this article - Castres would have to travel over two weeks in advance to play us under the current lockdown/quarantine regulations

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... e-18769530

All sorts of potential complications due to the 2nd wave (or the tailend of the 1st wave).
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Looks possible that the government's (perverse, since UK is far more infected) decision may cost Tigers the Euro tie.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Unless special exemption was granted but knowing our government that won’t happen.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:44 pm Unless special exemption was granted but knowing our government that won’t happen.
To be honest, if the Government gave a rugby team exemption just so they could play a game of rugby, it would say more than them not giving exemption and not in a good way
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:37 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:44 pm Unless special exemption was granted but knowing our government that won’t happen.
To be honest, if the Government gave a rugby team exemption just so they could play a game of rugby, it would say more than them not giving exemption and not in a good way
On BT Sport on Friday the head of the prem (forget his name) said that elite sport is exempt from quarantine rules so european games can go ahead.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:44 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:37 pm
On BT Sport on Friday the head of the prem (forget his name) said that elite sport is exempt from quarantine rules so european games can go ahead.
You are correct! There is a boxing ppv this weekend and a British HW Whyte who has been training in Portugal and his opponent Povetkin who is Russian dont have to come in to "the bubble" 14 days before the fight,they are coming in 7 days early instead.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

With 6 remaining games being against reasonable opposition what is the feeling of you experienced guys as to points we could pick up (I know it is maybe only a pride thing)
Glocs (a) 1pt
Sale. (h) 2pt
Wasps (a) 1pt
Saints (h) 4pts. Has to be
Bristol (a) 1pt
Quins (h) 4pt

Grand Total of 13 pts (oops)