Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Finishing this season

Post by JP14 »

ABClub wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:27 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:22 am Foden started off as a halfback didn't he?
Yeah he was a scrum-half then moved to fullback in his early twenties.
:smt023
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

I’m presuming that Tigers are allowed to amend their squad details for the conclusion of the European matches?
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

So our first 4 fixtures will be Exeter away first ( Saturday 15th?), Bath at home (Friday 21st?) and then if reports are to believed LI at home midweek (Wednesday 26th?) with Gloucester away the weekend after (Sunday 30th?), with a fixture list that congested I doubt we are going to see anything resembling our 1st XV after the Exeter game
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Undoubtedly going to have to heavily rotate. But will give the likes of Heyes, Kerr, Henderson, Lewis, Reffell, T Smith, White, Hardwick, Worth and Steward precious premiership experience. Hopefully we’ll reap the rewards for the 20/21 season.

Seems we’ve got high hopes for Cameron Henderson so wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some minutes off the bench pretty soon.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Looking at the squad the only depth that worries me at the moment is 7,8 (depending on Taufua) and back 3, we have a lot of players who can play 15 like Henry, McPhillips, Worth, Olowofela and Simmons but only Steward is an out and out fullback
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Undoubtedly will be lots of rotation, the trick will be ensuring squad continuity is maintained without the high risk of injury. Of course players haven't played rugby for the longest period (injuries aside) in their entire career so will probably play the first few games without a proper rest but it will soon catch up to them.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:40 pm Looking at the squad the only depth that worries me at the moment is 7,8 (depending on Taufua) and back 3, we have a lot of players who can play 15 like Henry, McPhillips, Worth, Olowofela and Simmons but only Steward is an out and out fullback
Hence why Abendanon is rumoured to be in talks with us.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:15 pm So our first 4 fixtures will be Exeter away first ( Saturday 15th?), Bath at home (Friday 21st?) and then if reports are to believed LI at home midweek (Wednesday 26th?) with Gloucester away the weekend after (Sunday 30th?), with a fixture list that congested I doubt we are going to see anything resembling our 1st XV after the Exeter game
Well I wasn't too far off, Bath & Gloucester will be Saturday fixtures which makes that block just a little bit harder

Round 14: Saturday, August 15 – Exeter Chiefs v Leicester Tigers

Round 15: Saturday, August 22 – Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby

Round 16: Wednesday, August 26 – Leicester Tigers v London Irish

Round 17: Sunday, August 30 – Gloucester Rugby v Leicester Tigers
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

To make the weekday match work you'd guess we will basically be picking two different starting XVs with a mix of players on the bench.

Were the Bath and Irish games not both at home we might have seen the home game targeted. With both at home the coaches will want to put up a good show. It will take a fine balancing act deciding how to split the senior players.

I don't envy the coaches.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Of course Tigers won't be the only ones rotating their team, with a changed squad or having a keen eye on next season rather than this one. Tigers don't need to worry about competing for any trophies this season whereas others do. Whilst I am sure they would rather still be in the mix, at least their selection decisions can be much more forward looking strategically.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ABClub wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 pm To make the weekday match work you'd guess we will basically be picking two different starting XVs with a mix of players on the bench.

Were the Bath and Irish games not both at home we might have seen the home game targeted. With both at home the coaches will want to put up a good show. It will take a fine balancing act deciding how to split the senior players.

I don't envy the coaches.
Assuming London Irish have a team to put out..... they currently don’t have a stadium.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Be interesting to see what side Saracens put out
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

If anyone gets the opportunity to actually watch any of the remaining games at the ground, you can now take your Tigers face mask - only £9.99 each!
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:34 pm Be interesting to see what side Saracens put out
I would expect a fair number of names I don't even recognise!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

We have 9 games left and most likely 3 pre season games following this campaign.

We can’t be relegated, we’ll never have a better opportunity give game time to the whole squad including academy graduates. A minimum of 3 starts each for all players (injury depending) should be the target so we never have the ‘he’s inexperienced’ argument.

If the whole squad feel like they have a genuine chance to make a play for the following season you’ll see a massive improvement and lift across the squad.

Target the European games as it gives us a shout of Champions Cup rugby if we win it.