Re: Other clubs...

Post by Mark62 »

Haven’t read in any detail but Sale have announced 10 players are leaving
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:04 pm Haven’t read in any detail but Sale have announced 10 players are leaving
Fissler was Tweeting about Irish earlier as well... something along the lines of it's not just Leicester!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fentiger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:04 pm Haven’t read in any detail but Sale have announced 10 players are leaving
Fissler was Tweeting about Irish earlier as well... something along the lines of it's not just Leicester!
We may find Tigers haven't played it that badly when the carnage elsewhere is revealed.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:44 pm
We may find Tigers haven't played it that badly when the carnage elsewhere is revealed.
100%, look at Gloucester, they’ve got like 7 wingers and no locks for next season, least we’ve still got a balanced squad.

All more rumours of Bath and Wasps also being in deep trouble. No doubt most clubs are in a similar position, just our predicament got leaked to the press.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Those haters.... :smt003
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm

100%, look at Gloucester, they’ve got like 7 wingers and no locks for next season, least we’ve still got a balanced squad.

All more rumours of Bath and Wasps also being in deep trouble. No doubt most clubs are in a similar position, just our predicament got leaked to the press.
I looked at the Gloucester Fans Forum last night. Some were concerned about the disarray in their management of the coaching changes and how it looked. One person said at least they had got all that mess done and now they could settle because they just (yes just) had to sort the players contracts out. Having said that they were supportive of Tigers stance on the whole and I didn't sense any crowing about what was happening here. I think one even said our historic profile was focussing the media on us, as others on here have pointed out.
As Good As It Gets
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I believe the players leaving Sale are those who were out of contract and were set to leave the club regardless of covid or any reduced salaries.

Who knows what will happen with the rest.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Other clubs...similar contract issues?

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Casual rugby fans will recognise Manu and Genge so will potentially read an article on the BBC about their club.

If Manu had agreed a paycut straight away, I doubt there would be any national media coverage about the other leavers.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Just shows, even though we have been down on form, we still generate big news.
Yes the leaks to the press are a distraction and add pressure, but I get the sense the actions taken and the build we are making is impressing the majority.Other clubs will suffer unfortunately, just as society. We will generate even more news in the future and I can guess the headlines - How did they do it......

I can see some clubs in the UK and some household names being lost because of financials.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

In short , the problems faced now are virtually universal with further ramifications set to be faced (Premiership wide) with every potential re-negotiation of contract with in the next 12 months or even longer.In addition to survival the problem for Premiership Clubs comes from France and Japan where financial constraints are not as prevalent (or in Japans case seemingly non existent).So , the grass there is always greener to those players with the oppertunity.The more you look around however, and see actually what is the more it becomes apparent that Leicester's approach carries with it foresight ,security and a degree of common sense coupled with self preservation.Do what is necessary to survive , take the pain but live to fight another day and possibly come out stronger.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

:smt023 +1
the sharpest knife.......................