Interviews - LTTV by Bondi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Interviews - LTTV by Bondi

Post by chipnchase »

Bondis doing a great job and its great to have a window into the club at a very difficult time.

However drop the switching camera angles, actually made me feel sick!
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Good God, if it's not Bondi, its the kit, or the beer, or the service, or the BoD, or the tannoy, or... (insert whinge here). Let the man grow into his role and get on with more important matters ie getting back to winning ways.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

One of the main objectives of an interviewer is to help the interviewee answer the questions. It’s not about being Jeremy Paxman. Bondi’s style did nothing to help Andrea give clear answers. Borthwick was far more prepared and gave direct answers because he has been given training on how to face and address the media. He also gave away nothing more than he meant to.

It’s not just a question of the interviews being better than having nothing.

It is a reflection of the club and it’s supporters that critiquing and suggestions for improvement are seen as negative. Blind loyalty will not help the club improve, and every facet of this multi million pound entity must aspire to professionalism and continuous improvement.
Valhalla I am coming!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fleabane wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:33 pm One of the main objectives of an interviewer is to help the interviewee answer the questions. It’s not about being Jeremy Paxman. Bondi’s style did nothing to help Andrea give clear answers. Borthwick was far more prepared and gave direct answers because he has been given training on how to face and address the media. He also gave away nothing more than he meant to.

It is a reflection of the club and it’s supporters that critiquing and suggestions for improvement are seen as negative. Blind loyalty will not help the club improve, and every facet of this multi million pound entity must aspire to professionalism and continuous improvement.
Perhaps your original post came across as taking pleasure in making criticism rather than offering constructive and helpful suggestions.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I know it breaks the rules to say something positive on this forum but I now look forward to LTTV ( which is not something I always have said) and particularly Bondi’s interviews.

Falling chair during interviewing his new Boss - comedy gold :smt040

I wonder if we are allowed to make suggestions (Polite of course) for what goes on the whiteboard behind him?

Keep it up Bondi :smt023
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

One of the biggest things to come out of this is that it has brought people back to the Club through being informed of what is happening. The guests have been varied and some who you would not normally see such as the Club Doctor, Covid Manager, CEO talking in a relaxed manner rather than formal.
Bondi has his unique way of conducting the shows and seems to be very knowledgeable in his questions with the exception of one, "Geordie, can you tell us of any new signings?" :smt003
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fleabane wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:33 pm One of the main objectives of an interviewer is to help the interviewee answer the questions. It’s not about being Jeremy Paxman. Bondi’s style did nothing to help Andrea give clear answers. Borthwick was far more prepared and gave direct answers because he has been given training on how to face and address the media. He also gave away nothing more than he meant to.

Or it’s a social media forum which 99% of the fans are enjoying and find informative. As others have said if you don’t enjoy it and can’t take it for what it is, don’t watch it
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I totally agree. The interviews are entertaining, and in my view a great addition to our communications.
Keep them coming!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 pm One of the biggest things to come out of this is that it has brought people back to the Club through being informed of what is happening. The guests have been varied and some who you would not normally see such as the Club Doctor, Covid Manager, CEO talking in a relaxed manner rather than formal.
Bondi has his unique way of conducting the shows and seems to be very knowledgeable in his questions with the exception of one, "Geordie, can you tell us of any new signings?" :smt003
He's doing great, long may it continue :smt023
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Are you feeling the love yet, Bondi?!! :smt054
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

MCC1964 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm Are you feeling the love yet, Bondi?!! :smt054
The LTTV haircut special is a must!

A certain barber by the name of D.Cole....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 pm I know it breaks the rules to say something positive on this forum but I now look forward to LTTV ( which is not something I always have said) and particularly Bondi’s interviews.

Falling chair during interviewing his new Boss - comedy gold :smt040

I wonder if we are allowed to make suggestions (Polite of course) for what goes on the whiteboard behind him?

Keep it up Bondi :smt023
I have to say the homespun charm of the LTTV segments has kept me entertained through this torrid time for our club. As for whiteboard suggestions, if I were Bondi I'd find the whinger commenters on here and put cheeky self reminders about whatever they've been whibbling about that week on the board, but then that's probably why they don't let me near the public at work :axe:
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Looking forward to an interview with Welford, for the kids of course!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 am
I would suggest once Mr Cole is allowed to get hold of Sam he will need to be on permanent watch...bit like Kato & Inspector Clueso.
Or even my friend Inspector Clouseau! ~ I'm sure Telusa will be trying to avoid him! :smt002
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm Are you feeling the love yet, Bondi?!! :smt054
The LTTV haircut special is a must!

A certain barber by the name of D.Cole....
Oh yes there are lots of beards to trim and long locks so "Barber Dan Cole" with the red and white pole should be involved on a LTTV hairlosing session ~ hardly hair raising!

Once we do get back to watching the games I can see the supreme talents of Bondi providing the on pitch halftime commentaries - it might even enlighten the "Big Boot Bondi!"
Yes Bondi & Welford but I would like to see Bondi & Wayne Barnes as that could be entertaining too. :smt038