Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Interviews

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bondi on Twitter

"Once you have had a thread on a message board created, picking apart what you do, have you ‘officially’ made it?

Asking for a friend... 🙄"

Yes you've made it! & I'm loving your interviews weird camera angles or not!!!!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Interviews - LTTV by Bondi

Post by Mark62 »

We all love you Bondi, don’t worry, just get a haircut and get rid of the Rudy Alice band
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Wow, it’s been a long time since I posted here. The openness and honesty that the club are showing with bondi’s broadcasts is what bought me back and good on the club for doing so. It’s the old adage that you can’t please all of the people all the time and this seems overly picky IMO, we are a rugby club not a media agency after all. Keep up the good work Tigers.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Don’t you listen to the nasty man, Bondi (oops, shouldn’t presume so it could be a woman). You’re doing a splendid job and I’m loving your interview style and the content you’re providing. Some people...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I like the interviews. They ask the questions we are normally asking here or other fans are asking on social media. It's a refreshing change and long may it continue. It has made us a far more transparent club and I think will help the club a lot going forwards.

Let's remember most of these videos come from laptop cameras there's no production team going round recording these. They've helped keep us entertained through lockdown, good idea to set it up.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Your doing a great job Bondi, just ignore the negative minority.
A2O
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

The thought of having a media training "gloss" on the wonderful LTTV interviews fills me with dread. It would just lead to wooden performances with no spontaneity. Bondi does a great job and I wouldn't change anything.
As Good As It Gets
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Sam - Keep calm carry on.
Great Job - Informal natural and all the right questions.
Do we need a P Morgan approach - No - Neither J Paxman.

I for one prefer the laid back - ask a mate in the pub style of interview. We are again showing clubs the way to get the right messages to the fans.

Bonza Bondi
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The style of shoot for these LTTV predate lockdown so that just goes to show something must be right if fans are having to start scraping the barrel again... :smt047
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Sam does a great job - doesn't shy away from asking the important questions, and does so in an engaging way that comes across well to both the viewer and whoever he's asking the question of. Not sure what some people want really, it's not meant to be some glossy high production number - the value is in the answers given from the questions asked, not how it looks and I'm not sure it could be done any better than it is.
Blimey...
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I don't need form over substance its fine the way Sam does it. Perhaps a Sam does series is the next progression. Like Sam does hang gliding or something for a start. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

chewbacca wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:11 am I don't need form over substance its fine the way Sam does it. Perhaps a Sam does series is the next progression. Like Sam does hang gliding or something for a start. :smt003
Maybe Sam could try practicing in each position, first episode Sam v The Polar Bear
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Glad to see by far the majority on here support Bondi Sam and the LTTV presentations. I have found them informative and mostly entertaining. I think Sam has done a great job and in his relaxed style has probably elicited more information than a Paxman like interrogatory style would gave done, actually that might have got him the sack! Keep going Sam you are doing a great job.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 am Glad to see by far the majority on here support Bondi Sam and the LTTV presentations. I have found them informative and mostly entertaining. I think Sam has done a great job and in his relaxed style has probably elicited more information than a Paxman like interrogatory style would gave done, actually that might have got him the sack! Keep going Sam you are doing a great job.
Totally agree, his work has been essential in keeping the supporters informed during this difficult period.
In all seriousness maybe Ben Kay could do a piece on the Rugby Club, about the role of a social media man in a professional rugby club.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 am
chewbacca wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:11 am I don't need form over substance its fine the way Sam does it. Perhaps a Sam does series is the next progression. Like Sam does hang gliding or something for a start. :smt003
Maybe Sam could try practicing in each position, first episode Sam v The Polar Bear
I would suggest once Mr Cole is allowed to get hold of Sam he will need to be on permanent watch...bit like Kato & Inspector Clueso.
To win is not as important as playing with style!