Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I wish Manu a speedy recovery. As someone whose had Achilles trauma I know it can be extremely painful, debilitating and depressing and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I also found 6 months is optimistic. Then again I didn’t have access to elite level medical rehabilitation that I am sure Manu will receive.

As for the other stuff, Manu did what he thought was right for him and his family. And should continue to do so. Him and his family has contributed to considerable success and fond memories in a Tigers Shirt. Manu is a delight to watch when at his best and would have been a sight to behold alongside Nadolo.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:03 pm I wish Manu a speedy recovery. As someone whose had Achilles trauma I know it can be extremely painful, debilitating and depressing and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I also found 6 months is optimistic. Then again I didn’t have access to elite level medical rehabilitation that I am sure Manu will receive.

As for the other stuff, Manu did what he thought was right for him and his family. And should continue to do so. Him and his family has contributed to considerable success and fond memories in a Tigers Shirt. Manu is a delight to watch when at his best and would have been a sight to behold alongside Nadolo.
Hear hear!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Whats the betting after this latest, when fit, he is back at the Tigers, next season ?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Whats the betting after this latest, when fit, he is back at the Tigers, next season ?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

fortysix wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:07 pm Whats the betting after this latest, when fit, he is back at the Tigers, next season ?
Very slim, he only re-signed for us till the lions tour, amd he did the sane with Sale, therefore it's highly likely he'll be in France next
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:07 pm Whats the betting after this latest, when fit, he is back at the Tigers, next season ?
Never say never but he would have to come back on a vastly reduced salary and that is not going to happen especially after he sues us for unfair dismissal.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

I'll always have fond memories of Manu playing for Leicester but whoever he represents and whatever the circumstances I'd not wish his injury Catalogue on anyone. Best wishes, speedy recovery.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Who does Jones play for England in November? Marchant, Joseph? Lawrence hasn’t been playing the same since pre-lockdown.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Nah. Those bridges are well and truly burnt.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

The very reason a man like Manu couldn’t accept a pay cut. Where does his career go from here.....
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

I'm genuinely sorry that Manu has experienced yet another (maybe career-threatening) injury but I can't quite conceal just a little twinge of joy that Steve Diamond's arrogantly boastful words about how he would manage Tulagi's fitness so much better than Tigers have come back to bite him.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Tigers managed Manu through his frequent injuries. Tigers and Manu will be forever linked for all the good reasons.
I fear this is the end of a very successful career for Manu - an injury too far.
All the best Manu and thanks for the good memories.

S Diamond you gambled and lost. Your ego got the better of you. Don't dis what Tigers do for player welfare.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wellstiger wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 am Tigers managed Manu through his frequent injuries. Tigers and Manu will be forever linked for all the good reasons.
I fear this is the end of a very successful career for Manu - an injury too far.

S Diamond you gambled and lost. Your ego got the better of you. Don't dis what Tigers do for player welfare.
Not sure how you can blame S Diamond......it was a Saints player that fell onto him that has caused the injury. His game tme was being managed. Just a very unfortunate accident.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am
wellstiger wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 am Tigers managed Manu through his frequent injuries. Tigers and Manu will be forever linked for all the good reasons.

Not sure how you can blame S Diamond......it was a Saints player that fell onto him that has caused the injury. His game tme was being managed. Just a very unfortunate accident.
Of course you can blame Diamond on two counts
1 - Sod’s law
2 - It’s Steve Diamond
Louis

Post by Louis »

As I think most are, I am gutted for Manu. He was a player I loved watching in Tigers colours, a real legend of the club for me (and I don't say that lightly), he frequently set the game on fire. Others will differ of course, they're wrong. :smt002

I hope he has a swift recovery (as far as is possible) and returns to playing with renewed vigour. Except versus Tigers, when I hope is on holiday.