Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by Scuttle »

anz3001 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:04 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am
wellstiger wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 am Tigers managed Manu through his frequent injuries. Tigers and Manu will be forever linked for all the good reasons.
I fear this is the end of a very successful career for Manu - an injury too far.
All the best Manu and thanks for the good memories.

S Diamond you gambled and lost. Your ego got the better of you. Don't dis what Tigers do for player welfare.
Not sure how you can blame S Diamond......it was a Saints player that fell onto him that has caused the injury. His game tme was being managed. Just a very unfortunate accident.
Of course you can blame Diamond on two counts
1 - Sod’s law
2 - It’s Steve Diamond
Just not necessarily in that order :smt002
As Good As It Gets
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Achilles rupture either as a result of too much force being applied to a healthy tendon or as a result of chronic injury/degeneration.

The first is always a risk with a powerful player like Manu.
I am not aware of Manu having an Achilles problem before this so it’s just bad luck and probably unfair to blame Sale.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I don't think anyone blames Sale. Steve Diamond's comments when Manu was signed were perceived by some as blaming Manu's injury record on Tigers and smugly proclaiming that he wouldn't have any issues at Sale because they would manage him better.