Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by chewbacca »

Any agreement between Manu and Tigers was mutually acceptable so why the animosity. People change employers all the time.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

chewbacca wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:49 am Any agreement between Manu and Tigers was mutually acceptable so why the animosity. People change employers all the time.
Because it gives Manu screen time and it gives “journalists” something to write about!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Louis

Post by Louis »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am Some of the posts on this thread are becoming unpleasant. Manu was employed by Tigers, like most he worked for money and like most of us he wanted the best possible wage he could get. I see no reason to insult him or his family for that, it was not his fault he sustained injury whilst playing for us or England it was also not his fault that the salary offered to him was possibly more than we could afford in a negotiation both sides try to achieve the best deal and be prepared to walk away if agreement cannot be reached. I do believe that Manu or his agents miscalculated in the recent wage reduction negotiations and did not believe the deadline applied to them. I can understand that having quite recently accepted a high wage deal to remain at Tigers when reportedly an even higher one was on offer elsewhere Tuilagi did not welcome a large wage reduction with open arms. He is now at Sale, I wish him all the best in his future career except on the days he plays against Tigers.
Another 100% +1 for this.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Louis wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:51 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am Some of the posts on this thread are becoming unpleasant. Manu was employed by Tigers, like most he worked for money and like most of us he wanted the best possible wage he could get. I see no reason to insult him or his family for that, it was not his fault he sustained injury whilst playing for us or England it was also not his fault that the salary offered to him was possibly more than we could afford in a negotiation both sides try to achieve the best deal and be prepared to walk away if agreement cannot be reached. I do believe that Manu or his agents miscalculated in the recent wage reduction negotiations and did not believe the deadline applied to them. I can understand that having quite recently accepted a high wage deal to remain at Tigers when reportedly an even higher one was on offer elsewhere Tuilagi did not welcome a large wage reduction with open arms. He is now at Sale, I wish him all the best in his future career except on the days he plays against Tigers.
Another 100% +1 for this.
Agree
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Manu, torn Achilles, out for six months.

Thats the flip side I'm afraid. Despite everything, wish him the best with his recovery.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

TigerMac3 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:19 pm Manu, torn Achilles, out for six months.

Thats the flip side I'm afraid. Despite everything, wish him the best with his recovery.
6 months for a torn Achilles is optimistic if anything unfortunately. Was looking forward to seeing more of him and Slade together in the centres for England.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Realistically, he hasn't been fit for 6 years.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Bad luck for Manu.

So much for Diamond going to the press to say how he would be better looked after and he would get more out of him...
tempt the fates....!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

biffer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:47 pm Realistically, he hasn't been fit for 6 years.
Great shame for Manu. I have no ill feelings towards him. He did what he thought is best for him when he moved to Sale as all of us, I'm sure, would have done in a similar situation. However I am pleased Tigers aren't carrying the cost of his latest injury.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

You have to feel for him, he is always happiest when playing, 6 months is extremely optimistic for that injury.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm
biffer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:47 pm Realistically, he hasn't been fit for 6 years.
Great shame for Manu. I have no ill feelings towards him. He did what he thought is best for him when he moved to Sale as all of us, I'm sure, would have done in a similar situation. However I am pleased Tigers aren't carrying the cost of his latest injury.
Well we are in a way when he claims part of his lost salary from us in court....
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

MurphysLaw wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:23 pm Bad luck for Manu.

So much for Diamond going to the press to say how he would be better looked after and he would get more out of him...
tempt the fates....!
Feel gutted for Manu, egg on diamonds face for saying they would get more games out of Manu and at 5 appearances for Sale that would put him on a combined 11 appearances this season, exactly on Manu's average appearances since 2014 for us and nowhere near the 17 we managed last season
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

MCC1964 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:45 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm
Well we are in a way when he claims part of his lost salary from us in court....
And has it been confirmed that he is definitely doing so? Just asking, not being contentious. I may have missed it.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:07 pm

And has it been confirmed that he is definitely doing so? Just asking, not being contentious. I may have missed it.
Not sure but his claim would be for financial loss and I'm not sure whether there was any after his move to Sale.

Regardless of everything else I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery. When fit he is a joy to watch.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!