Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I don't dislike many people, but Steve Diamond is one of those who I dislike immensely and as a result, I enjoy any Sale defeat. They were terrible and I think Manu only touched the ball about four times all game. They didn't use him well at all and all of their big names were well off the pace, including their practically international capped pack. Quins weren't amazing but played the territory well, kicked their penalties and deservedly got the win.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Apparently Steve Diamond took exception to Squidge Rugby (who admittedly himself can be annoying and rub people the wrong way) who made a joke about Sale not being 6th.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I have never liked Steve Diamond. He tends to be bullish and arrogant, when talking rugby. I was pleased to see Sale lose.
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Have not posted on here for months as I couldn't see any point during lockdown and whilst play suspended. Glad to see the back of Manu to be honest and the end of our relationship with the greedy Tuilagi clan.

Nobody is bigger than our club and to be honest we should have called his bluff at the last round of contract negotiations rather than bunging him inflated wages. I do not want anyone playing for us whose only motivation is the money or a passport to England qualification.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I have wondered if he will move house, rent somewhere or commute. It is a fair slog to Manchester, I live nearer to Sale than Tigers, and that journey in the winter will not be fun. If he commutes I will be interested to see if the gloss comes off the move and we see some dissatisfaction creep in......potentially from both sides.
As Good As It Gets
Alandrin75
Tiger Cub

Post by Alandrin75 »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 am I have wondered if he will move house, rent somewhere or commute. It is a fair slog to Manchester, I live nearer to Sale than Tigers, and that journey in the winter will not be fun. If he commutes I will be interested to see if the gloss comes off the move and we see some dissatisfaction creep in......potentially from both sides.
Judging by his instagram he has already moved to Cheshire.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Alandrin75 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:28 am
Scuttle wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 am I have wondered if he will move house, rent somewhere or commute. It is a fair slog to Manchester, I live nearer to Sale than Tigers, and that journey in the winter will not be fun. If he commutes I will be interested to see if the gloss comes off the move and we see some dissatisfaction creep in......potentially from both sides.
Judging by his instagram he has already moved to Cheshire.
Ah ok . Thanks
As Good As It Gets
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Manu has never been the 'sharpest knife in the drawer' when giving interviews but when asked to comment of the support he received from Leicester over his long periods of injuries I thought his comment '..loyalty goes both ways..' to be completely off the mark and somewhat offensive.

The club under these exceptional circumstances needed to make cost savings and in the main part the players understood and went along with the club proposals of reduction in salary. It is every player right to make their own decision with respect to this to to suggest that Leicester had been in someway disloyal to Manu beggars belief. :smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Some of the posts on this thread are becoming unpleasant. Manu was employed by Tigers, like most he worked for money and like most of us he wanted the best possible wage he could get. I see no reason to insult him or his family for that, it was not his fault he sustained injury whilst playing for us or England it was also not his fault that the salary offered to him was possibly more than we could afford in a negotiation both sides try to achieve the best deal and be prepared to walk away if agreement cannot be reached. I do believe that Manu or his agents miscalculated in the recent wage reduction negotiations and did not believe the deadline applied to them. I can understand that having quite recently accepted a high wage deal to remain at Tigers when reportedly an even higher one was on offer elsewhere Tuilagi did not welcome a large wage reduction with open arms. He is now at Sale, I wish him all the best in his future career except on the days he plays against Tigers.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am Some of the posts on this thread are becoming unpleasant. Manu was employed by Tigers, like most he worked for money and like most of us he wanted the best possible wage he could get. I see no reason to insult him or his family for that, it was not his fault he sustained injury whilst playing for us or England it was also not his fault that the salary offered to him was possibly more than we could afford in a negotiation both sides try to achieve the best deal and be prepared to walk away if agreement cannot be reached. I do believe that Manu or his agents miscalculated in the recent wage reduction negotiations and did not believe the deadline applied to them. I can understand that having quite recently accepted a high wage deal to remain at Tigers when reportedly an even higher one was on offer elsewhere Tuilagi did not welcome a large wage reduction with open arms. He is now at Sale, I wish him all the best in his future career except on the days he plays against Tigers.
+1, it's insane how quickly some people can pivot. Our club would have been significantly worse off in both trophies and entertainment value without the Tuilagi boys, they're a solid bunch of lads and welcome back to WR any time in my book.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Manu Tuilagi has been involved with the Club since an early age and has now moved on. Unfortunately, Covid has required a review within the Club and reductions in costs which included players wages. Things have not been able to be agreed and Manu is now playing for Sale.
Whether you like Manu or not, he still is part of the Tigers family as an old player. This is not a place for insults to be made towards him or any other player and users.
Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:14 am Manu Tuilagi has been involved with the Club since an early age and has now moved on. Unfortunately, Covid has required a review within the Club and reductions in costs which included players wages. Things have not been able to be agreed and Manu is now playing for Sale.
Whether you like Manu or not, he still is part of the Tigers family as an old player. This is not a place for insults to be made towards him or any other player and users.
Thanks
He is now an Ex Tiger as opposed to an old player :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

I completely sympathise with Manu. We are worse off without him. He was exceptional for Sale in attack in the first half vs Exeter. We could really use some of that front foot ball about now!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Sale arrive at Welford Road on Sept 5 ; Manu in their colours as opposed to Leicester's will seem slightly surreal.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:01 am
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am Some of the posts on this thread are becoming unpleasant. Manu was employed by Tigers, like most he worked for money and like most of us he wanted the best possible wage he could get. I see no reason to insult him or his family for that, it was not his fault he sustained injury whilst playing for us or England it was also not his fault that the salary offered to him was possibly more than we could afford in a negotiation both sides try to achieve the best deal and be prepared to walk away if agreement cannot be reached. I do believe that Manu or his agents miscalculated in the recent wage reduction negotiations and did not believe the deadline applied to them. I can understand that having quite recently accepted a high wage deal to remain at Tigers when reportedly an even higher one was on offer elsewhere Tuilagi did not welcome a large wage reduction with open arms. He is now at Sale, I wish him all the best in his future career except on the days he plays against Tigers.
+1, it's insane how quickly some people can pivot. Our club would have been significantly worse off in both trophies and entertainment value without the Tuilagi boys, they're a solid bunch of lads and welcome back to WR any time in my book.
Agreed. Well within his rights to hold his ground and do what he did. If he's "greedy" then so am I and I don't feel there's anything wrong with trying to make the most of your talent and hard work.

I wonder how many of those criticising him would accept a large pay cut if it was demanded of them?