Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by Dangerous4 »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:10 pm Why would he regret his decision to join Sale?

He likes big crowds responding, not the smallish crowds that Sale offer. I think it was his stubborn pride, not wanting to concede to Leicester's offer, that made him leave. I cannot see him having his heart in the game so much. Time will tell though.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Manu is a professional player so will give his all for any team he plays for.
Secondly, the Sale crowd can be as vociferous as us at Welford Road.
Sale also, well at least in the last few seasons when I’ve been to their stadium had many young fans attend and Manu is brilliant with youngsters.
Manu will play the game with that huge smile on his face because he just loves playing.
Good luck Manu and it wouldn’t surprise me if Sale reach the Premiership Final!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:25 pm Manu is a professional player so will give his all for any team he plays for.
Secondly, the Sale crowd can be as vociferous as us at Welford Road.
Sale also, well at least in the last few seasons when I’ve been to their stadium had many young fans attend and Manu is brilliant with youngsters.
Manu will play the game with that huge smile on his face because he just loves playing.
Good luck Manu and it wouldn’t surprise me if Sale reach the Premiership Final!
If under 5000 can be as vociferous as around 20,000, how many times have you been to their stadium in the last few years and were the young fans on organised school/club trips.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Starting at 13 alongside Sam Hill v Quins tomorrow
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sale crowd hasn't been vociferous since they moved.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Will be an interesting game, I'm just glad the rugger is back!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RichG
Tiger Cub

Post by RichG »

What happened to the 4 week ban?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RichG wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 pm What happened to the 4 week ban?
Had passed.

Harlequins: Brown; Ashton, Marchant, Lang, Earle; Smith, Landajo; Marler, Baldwin, Kerrod, Lewies, Symons, Chisholm, Robshaw (capt), Dombrandt.

Replacements: Gray, Garcia Botta, Collier, Lamb, Lawday, Evans, Steele, Lasike.

Sale: Hammersley; McGuigan, Tuilagi, Hill, Yarde; R du Preez, de Klerk; Oosthuizen, van der Merwe, John, J-L du Preez, de Jager, Ross (capt), T Curry, D du Preez.

Replacements: Langdon, Harrison, Cooper-Wooley, Phillips, B Curry, Cliff, MacGinty, Solomona.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 pm
RichG wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 pm What happened to the 4 week ban?
Had passed.

Harlequins: Brown; Ashton, Marchant, Lang, Earle; Smith, Landajo; Marler, Baldwin, Kerrod, Lewies, Symons, Chisholm, Robshaw (capt), Dombrandt.

Replacements: Gray, Garcia Botta, Collier, Lamb, Lawday, Evans, Steele, Lasike.

Sale: Hammersley; McGuigan, Tuilagi, Hill, Yarde; R du Preez, de Klerk; Oosthuizen, van der Merwe, John, J-L du Preez, de Jager, Ross (capt), T Curry, D du Preez.

Replacements: Langdon, Harrison, Cooper-Wooley, Phillips, B Curry, Cliff, MacGinty, Solomona.
Some good match ups all,over the park Hammersley/Brown, Tuilagi/ Marchant, de Klerk/Landajo, De Jager/Lewis and du Preez/Dombrandt.

Is Van Rensberg still banned after the business with Gloucester and Matt Ginvert
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Ok so apart from a sense of shock about how few home- grown players are starting for Sale, it’s difficult to see how Quins have a chance.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

teds wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 am Ok so apart from a sense of shock about how few home- grown players are starting for Sale, it’s difficult to see how Quins have a chance.
Wouldn’t be too quick to right them off Teds, that’s a strong Quins line up and they’re at home.
As you suggest though Sale must start favourites
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

There was a time when Tom and Ben Curry were viewed as identikits of each other. Then I seem to recall one or the other was injured. Apart from the benefit of experience which Tom Curry now has, are there obvious reasons in terms of talent why Ben has slipped so far behind. I'm just interested. Clearly Tom Curry is a talent and a half.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Traveller wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:39 am There was a time when Tom and Ben Curry were viewed as identikits of each other. Then I seem to recall one or the other was injured. Apart from the benefit of experience which Tom Curry now has, are there obvious reasons in terms of talent why Ben has slipped so far behind. I'm just interested. Clearly Tom Curry is a talent and a half.
Great question, I think at that level the difference between the very good and world class is a split second here or there which Tom has developed.
No doubt being able to spend so much time in a dedicated England camp will have helped hone those shills to the nth degree.
Does beg the question is Ben’s progression being held back by him being at Sale, though there are times when they play together and you can’t imagine them playing for different clubs.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Ben Curry is an excellent player and when he has come on to replace Tom there is no noticeable difference. I have been to the AJB every time Tigers have played there, the crowd whilst smaller than Welford Road is noisy and supportive of their team when they are winning but when behind have a habit of turning on their own guys. Although that last bit is from memory and I could of course be wrong.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Hmmmm. Not a great start for Manu and Sale then. A bit ring rusty perhaps...