Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by speedski »

If it’s sale you’ve got to wonder what happens when the rfu contribution drops off a cliff. They have a small fan base, they already spent all the cvc sweetie jar contents and they have been importing skills at quite the expense lately.

There is to be a major risk to any UK club taking on the costs of manu. IMO we were already overspending on him interms of ROI.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:52 am Rugby paper and Ben Youngs believes Manu is going.
Good for Manu and his family and I wish him well.
Who knows if he has been wise only time will tell. IF If he is moving for money then Japan or France?
He must have taken into consideration his International career? If we are talking Testimonials - Barbarians will be a calling if he moves overseas, A Tigers -v- Barbaas could be his testimonial game?
So be it. Can we just have it confirmed so that we can all move on. I'm actually bored of #Manugate now. :smt015

It's likely the £25k per game for England rate will reduce, so perhaps he's weighed up his options and can get more money in France or Japan than versus Leicester & England.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

So If your bored with Manugate why look and comment - or maybe its a guilty pleasure?
I'm intrigued to know if He's going , where he's going or if its a ploy.
I'm just waiting for the Duff Duff moment. Its better than the soap opera the good Mrs Wellstiger watches.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:43 am So If your bored with Manugate why look and comment - or maybe its a guilty pleasure?
I'm intrigued to know if He's going , where he's going or if its a ploy.
I'm just waiting for the Duff Duff moment. Its better than the soap opera the good Mrs Wellstiger watches.
Maybe, maybe not. Just want it sorted like everyone else.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I think that Manu or Freddie have dug a big hole at the wrong time. All the other Premiership Clubs appear to be in the same position as us as has been commented upon on the forum in other posts and have by now settles their Teams and Budgets. Diamond has catergoricaly stated that he is not going to Sale and Bristol have said the same although not so emphatically so it looks like playing for England by staying with a Premiership team is becoming less likely by the day. It looks like its going to have to be the Lions and playing in either France or Japan. Sorry to see him go, but it had to happen one day. I would rather that it was on a high for both the Tigers and the Tuilagi family who have given us some good players and great memories but please just get it over with. Dragging it out is suiting no one, if he is going let him go, just announce the outcome and let us look to the future when Rugby starts up again. Enough is enough :smt015 :smt039
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Sadly, not much more that the club can announce. Until another club signs him, he remains a Tigers player on full pay and so if he wants to sit it out for a few months and see what happens, he is perfectly entitled to do so.

You would think that he needs to be playing sooner or later for the sake of his career but if he wants to sit at home on full pay until his contract runs out, he can.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

GB72 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:06 pm Sadly, not much more that the club can announce. Until another club signs him, he remains a Tigers player on full pay and so if he wants to sit it out for a few months and see what happens, he is perfectly entitled to do so.

You would think that he needs to be playing sooner or later for the sake of his career but if he wants to sit at home on full pay until his contract runs out, he can.
I think that’s an issue with all of the players stood down, though Veianu gone and Bateman said his goodbyes.
A prospective employer, is going to think you were told you were free to go and sign elsewhere, but you haven’t done, either means no body wants you, or you were quite happy sitting at home being paid. Either case I do not want you thanks
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Interesting rumour I am hearing is Manu to Exeter Chiefs
Less is more....
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

So we have an answer; France.

Presumably the sums add up for him so I wish him all the best. He has been expensive for us but at times a delight to watch. England will miss him.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Noggs wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:14 pm So we have an answer; France.

Presumably the sums add up for him so I wish him all the best. He has been expensive for us but at times a delight to watch. England will miss him.
Source?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Bunchy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:13 pm Interesting rumour I am hearing is Manu to Exeter Chiefs
Lazy press gossip
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

loretta wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:16 pm
Noggs wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:14 pm So we have an answer; France.

Source?
Bearnaise? Sorry I'll get me coat.... :smt044
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:17 pm
Bunchy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:13 pm Interesting rumour I am hearing is Manu to Exeter Chiefs
Lazy press gossip
Definitely not - infact I have not heard it in the media at all - my sources are my own.........
Less is more....
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

If it is Exeter they will be without 2 England centres for half of the season. :smt003
A2O
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

If it is Exeter it will be interesting how Manu gets on.
Secondly,Rowe has just been quoted:
“If Sandy Park doesn’t open soon it will be catastrophic for the club!”
Two very different outlooks: one from Baxter about the exciting, young, signing (optimistic) then from Rowe who is now seriously worried about their finances.
Wherever, Manu goes we wish him and his family well.