Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by TomWeston »

teds wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:47 pm
wellstiger wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:57 pm Jim Hamilton on Fb Manu Tuilagi to Beziers.

Not confirmed................. :smt039
Béziers? Strange choice for a player who usually runs in straight lines. :smt003
You throwing a curve ball there?
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Believe whatever you want as two somewhat less than reliable sources come together :
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/diamond- ... u-tuilagi/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
10mill
Tiger Cub

Post by 10mill »

[/quote]

Fair points, but every course of action and indeed behaviour has consequences whilst Manu may yet again succeed in deploying whatever tactics are necessary to get what he wants, I am hacked with it all and no longer care if Manu either stays or goes and I suspect that I am not the only supporter who feels this way.
[/quote]

Your not, TV and Tafua were the only 2 on the list I was really gutted about.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:58 am ....Suddenly the French/Japanese pay check is hugely attractive even without England cash.
Which is likely to be less than currently.

“ The agreement over match fees for England players, which currently amount to £25,000 a game, has also come to an end. Negotiation are ongoing but another sharp decline is expected.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... shortfall/
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Ruck reporting £750k pa for Manu in Japan.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Please let it be true so we can put this saga to bed :smt016
A2O
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm Please let it be true so we can put this saga to bed :smt016
Agreed, not fussed either way just want to know. If he goes then we’ll bring someone in like Kriel or Fuente!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:44 pm Ruck reporting £750k pa for Manu in Japan.
That is a bit of a relief if true. Worst case scenario for the club would be any of the higher earning leavers sitting on their contract for the next year. They remain the same drain on the club's finances, their not playing does not free up any salary cap and does not allow new blood to come in.

Whatever solution brings this to an end quickly seems the best one to me.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Saw one article suggesting that Tigers might be able to induce him to stay offering him a testimonial year, to me that's complete nonsense a testimonial year is for club servants not for a bargaining chip to entice him to stay...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:43 pm Saw one article suggesting that Tigers might be able to induce him to stay offering him a testimonial year, to me that's complete nonsense a testimonial year is for club servants not for a bargaining chip to entice him to stay...
I thought a Testimonial was part of his last contract.....perhaps that was also removed but has been re-instated....pure speculation.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:43 pm Saw one article suggesting that Tigers might be able to induce him to stay offering him a testimonial year, to me that's complete nonsense a testimonial year is for club servants not for a bargaining chip to entice him to stay...
I thought people who have done 10 years or more get a testimonial. Manu started his professional career with us in 2009 so why shouldn’t he get one after 11 years?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The article I read about a Manu testimonial year was more that he will miss out on it if he goes, rather than it being dangled as a carrot for him to stay.
Alandrin75
Tiger Cub

Post by Alandrin75 »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:26 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:06 pm
wellstiger wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 am Here's a snippet - Manu Tuilagi has a case against Leicester Tigers over wage dispute?

I'm sure if IF this is something he is addressing, he will have lost all the good will of supporters and a club that has paid him to rehabilitate after surgeries just to get him fit for his England career.

Likewise this could open the floodgates for others to exploit. Hope it is not true. We are struggling financially without ambulance chasing lawyers adding to the woe.

I'm sure the club has acted in good faith and within the terms of contractual obligation. :smt013
Interesting after Freddie’s tweet about only knowing half the story.
What else is Freddie going to say as he is probably the cause of Manu rejection a wage cut :smt016
I am fairly sure I read somewhere that Freddie told him to stay last contract renewal when Manu was more towards leaving
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

The Times saying that Manu in talks with Sale (which is not new), but can't see Dimes putting up with any messing about in negotiations "If you don't like it, sod off and find another club'. He does have form.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Rugby paper and Ben Youngs believes Manu is going.
Good for Manu and his family and I wish him well.
Who knows if he has been wise only time will tell. IF If he is moving for money then Japan or France?
He must have taken into consideration his International career? If we are talking Testimonials - Barbarians will be a calling if he moves overseas, A Tigers -v- Barbaas could be his testimonial game?