Ideas for revenue generation at Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ideas for revenue generation at Tigers

Post by wellstiger »

Crowd funding or donations directly to Tigers Plc??
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Lease out the pitch on weekdays as an overflow car park.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Weddings on the pitch at half time? :smt042
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Why not have a competition for all to enter with an appropriate range of prizes for say the best 5? Could have a panel to review them and invite top 5 to the club to discuss their ideas considering longer term impact not only on finances, but wider community, fans, players, staff, environment.

Might generate all sorts of interesting ideas, might be several which could be used.

Panel could include Murphy, Andrea, Finance Director, a player representative and me.....
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Simple!!
Change structure from a PLC with a small number of shareholders to a fan owned rugby club. Get 20000 fans to pay £3000 each. This would guarantee a seat for next 10 years insted of a season ticket. Would raise £60mio for the club. Fans (shareholders) would have voting rights, input into the running of the club and a lever to change the executive as required.
With this fans would feel engaged members of a rugby club.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:36 pm Crowd funding or donations directly to Tigers Plc??
Shall i start the page? :smt003
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm Simple!!
Change structure from a PLC with a small number of shareholders to a fan owned rugby club. Get 20000 fans to pay £3000 each. This would guarantee a seat for next 10 years insted of a season ticket. Would raise £60mio for the club. Fans (shareholders) would have voting rights, input into the running of the club and a lever to change the executive as required.
Think Bradford City FC did something like that many moons ago.

Almost like a debenture.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

First find 20,000 fans then all of them find £3,000 at a time when many will be out of work otherwise a great idea. Alternatively Rutlandtiger just pays £60,000,000 to take over the club and guarantees to fund the losses each year for the next ten years, I have it on good authority that everyone in Rutland is wealthy so ii should be no problem for him.
I seem to remember when the club became a P.L.C existing season ticket holders (members) received a few shares and had the opportunity to buy more with a minimum purchase of £300.00 which I took advantage of, significant expenditure for me at the time, I am pretty sure the total raised was only about £1.8 million.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I'd rather see if there was anyone at the King Power stadium who might be interested.....
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Could raise £60m now but at the cost of no future season ticket income for the 9 years after that
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

The point I am trying to raise is that the clubs financial difficulties are now. Until 70% of the population are immune to this virus or its eradicated there won't be significant crowds at games. Based on the facts we know now regarding vaccine development herd immunity is going to be achieved at best (but not guaranteed) by the end of 2020/2021 season I.e middle next year. Are people going to keep renewing season tickets if they can't get in to see games?
The income stream has reduced and will dry up. Unless the club gets some cash from somewhere it won't be long until we are in a real crisis. The Tigers are no different to any other hospitality business other than the goodwill of season ticket holders and sponsors that provide some income to the club at the moment even with no promise of games for those people to go and see.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why not build a hotel and Car Park?
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

I'm not sure the current major shareholders (who paid a decent sum for their current shares) would be overly keen on giving up their rights, especially if the revenue from these debentures went to the club (as you propose) rather than buying out the existing shareholders.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I believe the PRL are in negotiation with the government to allow partial capacity by September time for the survival of the league, not just the Tigers.

Whether it will happen or not, remains to be seen, we'll see how the idiots conduct themselves in the pubs tomorrow...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Yes I believe the PL is in discussions to allow fans in in the autumn. It looks like a best case would be around 30% of stadium capacity (this is also figure proposed for French tennis open) which would mean 7000 to 8000 fans at WR. So season ticket holders would get every other game assuming c. 15000 season tickets sold.
Not sure drinks and burgers will be delivered to your seat though as per pubs opening!!!
I wouldn't like to be a pub landlord this weekend, it's going to be carnage. I'm surprised Weatherspoons haven't announced 24/7 hours to satisfy their loyal customer base.🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺