31 redundancies

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

31 redundancies

Post by RichieB »

Sam made an excellent point. Time to thank those staff who made our enjoyment of the rugby possible. Hope to see them back at some stage.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: 31 redundancies

Post by jgriffin »

Yep, for me and many others, glad that was dealt with a due sense of importance. Really sad, people who've given far. More of their lives to Tigers than some players.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

It's happening in a lot of places and it's horrible to go through. Thanks to all of them and good luck in finding something new.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Indeed we must reflect upon the harsh fact that these people were not given any choices and its devastating for them all.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Redundancy whenever it occurs affects the whole family and immediate friends and my heart felt thanks go to all of those past employees ~ be they be on the front desk, managerial or behind the scenes I really hope they stay safe and talk about their predicament with others and endeavour to resume work, living in the hope that a Tigers recovery will trigger that call back.
I felt Andrea and Bondi were very sincere in the video and the thought of the Tigers caterers Levy having severe problems can only add to the Tigers workload.
To those leavers a big thankyou. :smt038 :smt041
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not knowing who the 31 does not make any difference....they have all had a part in the Tigers family and difficult times have brought these redundancies. Thinking of them all and thanking them for their contributions wherever they have worked. All the best for the future.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Yes thank you to all those leaving and I hope we see you back in better times if that is what you want. It takes alot more to get a team on the pitch than just players and coaches and you can all be proud of the part you have played. Take care and good luck.
As Good As It Gets
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Here lies the real shame and pity of the situation.All carry my best wishes for the future.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

That is right. Obviously I want Taufua, Veainu, Tuilagi to stay, for Alemanno to sign and so on. All the staff and all of the players (including those leaving) will have to make sacrifices.

What made an impact on me from the LTTV thing last night, was the realisation that those 31 being made redundancies have lost their jobs at a time when unemployment levels are increasing so they might find it difficult to find something suitable. Add to that fact that those 31 more than likely made a contribution towards my/our match-day experience and enjoyment makes me personally very grateful to them.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Best wishes to the 31 who have had to depart, and thank you for everything.

Perhaps there are some Tigers supporters out there with job vacancies that might be of interest?
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Andrea spoke well and was very moving in the way these 31 individuals were respected and lost to the cause.
I hope that they are reinstated back to the home of the Tiger family when this crisis is behind us.

As for the 5 players who also have to look to their individual needs, the ones I shall miss are GB and TV.

MT was either injury prone or fit enough for England. KE never really showed his potential and for me will be no loss.

But I wish all the players well and wonder where they will surface given the new wage restraints with other British clubs. :smt006
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I echo the thoughts of others the real tragedy is those loyal staff on ordinary salaries who through no fault of their own have lost their jobs. The players that have gone have at least made their own decision, I attach no blame to them they have made their choice, time will tell if for them they have made the right choice. My sympathy goes entirely to the people that had no choice and face a drop from probably not a great deal to the dole and limited prospect of employment in the near future, I have been in that situation and it is not pleasant. I have no sympathy for those that have chosen to leave rather than accept a cut to a wage level still well above what most people would earn in a decade or two.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 pm Not knowing who the 31 does not make any difference....they have all had a part in the Tigers family and difficult times have brought these redundancies. Thinking of them all and thanking them for their contributions wherever they have worked. All the best for the future.
Yes well said :smt038.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I would like to just echo those posts above mine & offer my thanks to every single one those & their families affected by these redundancies, It takes alot of hidden people behind "the shop window" to get things working well.
I too hope when the good times return you will do/want to return to this great club of ours.
Thank you all for your work & dedication throughout your time at Leicester Tigers.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I was very sorry to hear about the 31 people made redundant.
Tens of thousands were made redundant in the UK yesterday.
Here's hoping that the banks repay the favours owed to the taxpayers that helped them in the past.