31 redundancies

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bundy

Re: 31 redundancies

Post by Bundy »

First and foremost, thoughts are with all the employees of the club who have lost their jobs and hope they get sorted ASAP.
One thing that has always ticked me off on here, especially at the moment, is the grief the club get for not telling everyone earlier about deals, contracts, etc. As the CEO quite rightly said last night this is exactly what the club should not do until it is all resolved. To do so would by unprofessional and a gross breach of confidentiality.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Sad times for the club and I suspect that Tigers are not alone in this.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Bundy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:49 pm First and foremost, thoughts are with all the employees of the club who have lost their jobs and hope they get sorted ASAP.
One thing that has always ticked me off on here, especially at the moment, is the grief the club get for not telling everyone earlier about deals, contracts, etc. As the CEO quite rightly said last night this is exactly what the club should not do until it is all resolved. To do so would by unprofessional and a gross breach of confidentiality.
I agree 100%.

Best wishes for the future to all who are leaving and thanks for your contributions in whatever role you fulfilled. Here's hoping you can return to work again with Tigers in the future if you wish to do so.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Discovered yesterday (5/7/20) that I am acquainted with one of those who was made redundant.A lot of years and time spent at The Club.
The players had/have a choice - this particular gentleman did not. Hopefully see all back at Welford Road soon.Regards.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

:smt038
johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:10 am I echo the thoughts of others the real tragedy is those loyal staff on ordinary salaries who through no fault of their own have lost their jobs. The players that have gone have at least made their own decision, I attach no blame to them they have made their choice, time will tell if for them they have made the right choice. My sympathy goes entirely to the people that had no choice and face a drop from probably not a great deal to the dole and limited prospect of employment in the near future, I have been in that situation and it is not pleasant. I have no sympathy for those that have chosen to leave rather than accept a cut to a wage level still well above what most people would earn in a decade or two.
Bootface

Post by Bootface »

Totally agree with Johnthegrif and other posters. These are the people who’ve paid the biggest price for the situation we find ourselves in. I too thank them for their hard work and hope they are able to find something soon.
I think the thing that gets my goat the most are some of the comments on social media around not blaming the players for wanting a better deal as their careers are short. Sorry but what bull, their ‘playing’ career is short I agree, but when they leave rugby in the majority of cases they are still able to ‘work’ and earn a living, they don’t become unemployable. Changing careers is not unusual in life, it happens to a lot of us. I get they want to make as much money as they can, while they can, don’t we all! They should count themselves lucky they had a choice, 31 others didn’t.
Rant over. :smt048
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Bootface wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:22 am Totally agree with Johnthegrif and other posters. These are the people who’ve paid the biggest price for the situation we find ourselves in. I too thank them for their hard work and hope they are able to find something soon.
I think the thing that gets my goat the most are some of the comments on social media around not blaming the players for wanting a better deal as their careers are short. Sorry but what bull, their ‘playing’ career is short I agree, but when they leave rugby in the majority of cases they are still able to ‘work’ and earn a living, they don’t become unemployable. Changing careers is not unusual in life, it happens to a lot of us. I get they want to make as much money as they can, while they can, don’t we all! They should count themselves lucky they had a choice, 31 others didn’t.
Excellent post
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Totally agree! I noticed yesterday that RFU are cutting 130 jobs from their staff numbers, can’t see the players agreeing to drop their 25k a game to support and reduce the number of redundancies that will cost people their livelihoods and have an impact on the support grassroots clubs get.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

chipnchase wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:32 am Totally agree! I noticed yesterday that RFU are cutting 130 jobs from their staff numbers, can’t see the players agreeing to drop their 25k a game to support and reduce the number of redundancies that will cost people their livelihoods and have an impact on the support grassroots clubs get.
The £25k agreement per game is expired. That’s now also in review and ‘will be much less’
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Bootface wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:22 am Totally agree with Johnthegrif and other posters. These are the people who’ve paid the biggest price for the situation we find ourselves in. I too thank them for their hard work and hope they are able to find something soon.
Excellent post. Annoys me these players thing the game is the only way of earning.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

speedski wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:25 am
Excellent post. Annoys me these players thing the game is the only way of earning.
I'm sure it's a mindset generated by the Agents for their own selfish ends.